Dreamweaver Help

Zedrush

Hi guys, i want to buy Dreamweaver CS4 for my mac, I want to start making my own websites, non e commerce for now just portfolio stuff and for advertising, Im wondering how easy will it be for me to learn dreamweaver and if there is anything else I will need for this web creating platform. Ive never created my own functional html website before, Ive designed plenty in photoshop but thats about it so am kinda clueless.

I looked at the mr site products but to be honest Id rather have the freedom to create my own templates as the examples given on their sites look kinda shite :blush:

Im a quick learner so was wondering if anyone here has anytips on learning it, should I do a course or are there good tutorial dvds or anything else? Is it quite complex, any info and tips will be gratefully appreciated. I dont want to pay someone else to do it, rather have the freedom to do it myself :)

Cheers

I've got an old Dreamweaver 7 book you can have!

I used to use dw before i went to uni for small projects, but i found it quite frustrating. I felt like it tried to do too much for you, making simple tasks more difficult than they needed to be. Maybe i was just using it wrong though :lol:

From memory though, it includes some excellent tutorial videos showing you how to do most things you'll need to.

Just get it and get one with it Jay. If you are creating static pages then its a doddle to do, Dreamweaver is very drag and drop so you should be able to just make it up as you go along.

If you want a truely professional looking and functioning site though, get a pro to do it, I'm sure you can afford it. Then tweak it how you like after that :thumbs:

Thanks guys for help am gonna book up a one to one here:

http://www.mediatraining.ltd.uk/courses ... urseID=536

3 days though you think will be enough to get me going?

I learn it just by playing with it, didnt do any training - but you will learn a lot in 3 days

+1 - although I did know how HTML works, so that was a good start. If you know nothing then a 3 day course should be more than enough to learn to make basic sites :)