rtbiscuit

What to do to my nismo Bumper?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What to do to my nismo Bumper?

• Just paint it and Leave it plain.
    • Paint just the middle bar
    • Paint the middle grille section
    • paint the grille section and the lip in front as well
    • something else (but you'll need to tell me what)

i have hit a conundrum i have ahd a full nismo kit for ages but i haven't done anything with it yet as i'm not 100% sure what to do with the bumper. i saw this car and thought it was pretty cool. i'm definitely having the badge section smoothed out. but its more the grille i can't decide on.

dux14.jpg

i have the eyebrows already but i've seen several cars with it and i can't fully make up my mind what to do. sometimes i like it and others i don't so i thought i would show some pictures and see what you lot think.

option 1 keep it plain and just paint it the colour of the car

nismo_350z_ls.jpg

option 2 just paint the middle bar satin black

100_0759.jpg

option 3 is similiar to above but also paints the rest of the internal of the grille section. like the ones with the lip, but no lip. if that makes sense.

option 4 paint the grille section and add a black lip as well.

DSC_0001.jpg

24410950001_large.jpg

Image003.jpg

option 5 do something completely different. but here i'm stuck, i don't know what the different would be.

at the end of the day i know its my choice, but i'd like to see what other peoples opinions are and see if it sparks any ideas with me.

the other thing i'm thinking is to get it sprayed normally and get the satin black modification done (what ever it is) in vinyl so that come sales time it can be returned to normal for the next buyer etc.

Option 4 looks the meanest :thumbs:

Maybe you could try it with a vinyl wrap in the centre so if you're not happy peel off and back to stock?

that was the plan, if i did go that route i was going to see if i could get that part wrapped. was thinking of getting it done in the carbon fibre stuff they do.

well i finally got off my arse and organised something with the kit. it goes into the body shop on wednesday and should be ready for fitting early next week. for now i'm just going to get them to paint it blade silver all over, and when i get it back i'm going to use a little bit of black vinyl to hid the small square in the middle. and then as soon as its possible i'm going to take a trip to racoon and get them to do something with the middle section. haven't fully decided, but im sure i'll have made my mind up by then. :blush:

Haven't worked out what to with the front number plate. Going to leave it off for now and keep the plate on the dash. Either going to cut down the original so it has a 5 mm border, or thinkof something else. Really think the number plate spoils the front of the car. I know some people attatch it to the passenger sun visor. Bt don't know what the legalities are?

Haven't worked out what to with the front number plate. Going to leave it off for now and keep the plate on the dash. Either going to cut down the original so it has a 5 mm border, or thinkof something else. Really think the number plate spoils the front of the car. I know some people attatch it to the passenger sun visor. Bt don't know what the legalities are?

yea, tell me about it, bloody number plates :(

ohh and i dont' know how much you lads can get away with over there but If you're cought in N.Ireland without your number plate on your front bumper, it's a fine, even if you have it on your dash or sun visor :(

i went with a off set square plate on mine but i might just change back to a standard one and move it to the middle.

all options look good to me but i would maybe go for option 4 or invent something new yourself.

i thought that it wasn't compulsory to display a front plate due to the fact that bikes dont have them therefore cars can be the same i may be wrong but that was my impression

I wish that were true, but ifear with he new world order andthe needed for plate recognition cameras every where that a plate is compulsory. But I think it's legal to display it in the window as long as it's clear. I have a mate who's a copper so I'll check with him.

well i dropped the kit off this morning, now i have to play the waiting game, had to re order some new mesh as the halfauds ripspeed stuff was 10 cm to short. never understand why they sell it as 90x30 where most other places give you the full metre.

it would have fitted just, but the edges of the mesh would have been right on the edge of the grille, and i was struggling to get it to line up with out a gap due to the curve of the bumper.

so its going back and i have some better stuff coming with a new grille pattern to it. decided i didn't want diamond anymore. going for something else. ;)

i've been stopped a few times with my old cars for running no front plate (was in window), illegal plates etc, if you can show a cracked plate and some mounting positions (holes) you might get away with the excuse i use -

'i parked in a car park and when i returned the plate was hanging by one screw, their plastic officer, and they must have snapped as someone hit me so i removed the other and put it here so it'd still be seen by anpr cameras'

got away with it more than once :teeth:

as for the bumper i'd leave it standard looking, with badge as i think no badge makes the z look a bit cheap, too much smooth bodywork, but i'd paitn the centre bar black.

O and could you not fix a fully legal plastic plate on an angled bracket ontop of the lip spoiler? as if you'd got a self adhesive one but you could angle it up a bit so it was more visable to keep the police happy? + it wouldnt disturb you rad airflow too much!

my mates pre preppared reason was that it kept falling off, and had scuffs all over the plate where it had skidded on the tarmac,

or go for the line of " what, my plate is missing" i didn't even know, must have been knicked, damn those pikey thieves"