How much petrol do I get?

alessandro

Just come back from the petrol station, before I filled up the fuel gauge was just below the 1/4 tank line, filled up £ 40 of Octane 99 and the indicator went up between the half and 2/3 of a tank line, after 5 min drive I got home and the indicator went up a bit more towards the 2/3 of a tank line.

Is this normall? but more importantly, is that all I get with £ 40?

I tought that because I stiil had 1/3 of a tank £40 would have filled up the tank

Just come back from the petrol station, before I filled up the fuel gauge was just below the 1/4 tank line, filled up £ 40 of Octane 99 and the indicator went up between the half and 2/3 of a tank line, after 5 min drive I got home and the indicator went up a bit more towards the 2/3 of a tank line.

Is this normall? but more importantly, is that all I get with £ 40?

I tought that because I stiil had 1/3 of a tank £40 would have filled up the tank

If you had just less than 1/4 of a tank, that's not a 1/3rd left. ;)

i only really fill up once a month, my milage is quite low, so its not so bad. plus last year i got used to putting in a tank of diesel a week with my old car doing 500 miles a week. so this is reletivley cheap now compared to the £240 a month i was spending on fuel.

according to the manual, my 313 has an 80 litre tank. I know I put £71 in last week and it hadn't got so low as to set off the low fuel light.

Yup it is 80L - just interested how much the JDM holds.............anyone?