05 or 06?

jc0r

Hey again, im still struggling to decide what to go for. Basically i want to spend upto around £14500 on a Gun Metal 350z. Looking at my options it looks like i either get an 05 GT or the updated 06 non GT. Just wondering what you guys would go for. As far as i can see the update 06 comes with the extra 20bhp, small interior tweaks and LED rears.

Personally speaking the interior on the '06 is so much improved that it's worth saving a bit more and getting an '06 GT car, after all that's where you spend most of the time ;)
Do you really think so? I've had both and there wasn't a lot of difference IMHO. :)

Having sat back to back in mine and Rich's, I'd say it was almost night and day. The layout seems a lot better in the '06 (placing of the hazard switch and the mini-cubbys in the armrest), and certainly the plastics are a lot nicer to look at than all the elephant-hide stylee in the early cars. The silver HVAC controls are a nice little touch but not that critical, but I do prefer the extra cupholder on the pax side in the early cars compared to the useless drawer thing in the '06+.

isn't the tax almost double on an 06?

Jak

yes at the moment, but within the next 18 - 24 months all Zeds after 2001 will be on the same ;)

Without possibly some of the imports... Due to the DVLA's original regestering up of some of the vee-hic-als

Personally speaking the interior on the '06 is so much improved that it's worth saving a bit more and getting an '06 GT car, after all that's where you spend most of the time ;)
Do you really think so? I've had both and there wasn't a lot of difference IMHO. :)

Yes I do, having had both. Together with the other improvements including the headlghts and rear leds I do feel they made a worthwhile difference with the 'facelift' (MY06 model). :thumbs:

But as I have said before, I am less impressed with the motor in that although it has an extra 20 bhp what is more evident is that it has loss some the better torque characteristics of the MY03 models for every day driving or when you want to have a 'play'. The fact you can rev it another 500 rpm or so only comes beneficial if pounding round tracks that have few sharp corners.

The OP is aware of the model differences but I think I am right in saying the facelift (MY06) versions did not really become available until the 56 reg and even then some of the earlier MY03 models were still being registered - something to be aware of when the talk centres on "06" cars. ;)

The OP is aware of the model differences but I think I am right in saying the facelift (MY06) versions did not really become available until the 56 reg and even then some of the earlier MY03 models were still being registered - something to be aware of when the talk centres on "06" cars. ;)

Good point :thumbs:

Good point :thumbs:

yeah mines an 06, but its pre facelift, so i often look for parts and search as if it was an 05.

but i got an 06 GT with 12,500 on the clock for £15,000 and that was last november, if that gives you a guide on price.

yeah mines an 06, but its pre facelift, so i often look for parts and search as if it was an 05.

but i got an 06 GT with 12,500 on the clock for £15,000 and that was last november, if that gives you a guide on price.

I wish i could find something of the same kind! I dunno if its me been specific with the Gun Metal colour

I wish i could find something of the same kind! I dunno if its me been specific with the Gun Metal colour

yep ;)

i ignored colour in the end, i went for the best example with lowest miles for best price. had it down to a choice of 3 one black, one GM, one silver. i wanted black, but the silver was the better car.

just depends on how important colour si to you. i was unsure about blade silver but actually the colour si very good and it changes with the weather, when its over cast it looks GM but when its really bright it looks almost white.