Converting Non GT to GT

jc0r

Hi all. Im currently lookin to get my 350z 06 Gun Metal with GT pack however im struggling! I was just wondering how hard it would be to convert a non GT to a GT or if its even possible. Afaik the GT pack adds the Bose sound system, leather interior and cruise control. Is that it? If so my only worry would be the sound system. A guys selling the Bose out of a 350z, would i require all the loom that comes with a GT packed car or not?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

To be honest, you'd be better replacing the ICE with aftermarket stuff. Then a nice leather retrim on the seats.

You could replace the seats with GT seats and get heated seats in etc but not sure how hard this is.

the GT pack included:

Rays alloys 18"

Full electric, heated leather seats

Cruise control

Full bose 6 speaker sound system

My advise would be by the best car you can find in the best condition with the lowest miles possible for the cash you have. lots of people with the GT's change out alot of the parts.

-The wheels are fairly easy to source as people seem to sell them when upgrading (you could save the hassle and just upgrade to aftermarkets)

-Seats can be recovered for about £450 and you can choose your own leather and any embossing, embroiding piping colors etc, all your miss is the heated seat bit, and i'm sure that could be added.

-cruise control is good, but if you have a car in good nick then its a small luxury to loose.

-sound system alot of people with the bose unit actually swap it out for aftermarket units, as they sometimes suffer with the odd problem. you could get your self a very decent aftermarket unit and new speakers at a good price and possibly have a better sounding system.

just depends on what you want. try 2 versions and see what you really want

You could put the bose in but most people strip them out anyway because they aren't really as 'premium' as the badge would suggest. You can also install the satnav but again there are better, cheaper options.

you can add the leather seats and they will be motorised but AFAIK you cannot get the heated bits to work.

Not sure about the cruise control but the JDM doesnt come with it and it cannot be added. May be the same for UK cars.

If you really want a GT, wait for one as it will cost you a fortune for all of the parts seperately. If you want a 'better' sound system and satnav you are best to go with a non-gt car as its easier to remove the non gt stereo than the bose (due to amps and satnav etc) nurrish sells satnavs for about half the price of the birdview that runs igo (i think) and are a lot better.

Anyway, whichever way you go, good luck with your search :thumbs:

the GT pack included:

Rays alloys 18"

Cruise control

My advise would be by the best car you can find in the best condition with the lowest miles possible for the cash you have. lots of people with the GT's change out alot of the parts.

-The wheels are fairly easy to source as people seem to sell them when upgrading (you could save the hassle and just upgrade to aftermarkets)

-Seats can be recovered for about £450 and you can choose your own leather and any embossing, embroiding piping colors etc, all your miss is the heated seat bit, and i'm sure that could be added.

-cruise control is good, but if you have a car in good nick then its a small luxury to loose.

-sound system alot of people with the bose unit actually swap it out for aftermarket units, as they sometimes suffer with the odd problem. you could get your self a very decent aftermarket unit and new speakers at a good price and possibly have a better sounding system.

Rays were never part of the GT pack.

They were a £1000 option before '06 when the became standard.

the GT pack included:

Rays alloys 18"

Cruise control

Rays were never part of the GT pack.

They were a £1000 option before '06 when the became standard.

:bang::bang::bang::bang:

Who is it thats going round telling people that RAYS were part of the GT pack???????? :bangin::lol:

You would need a new interior loom and BCM. Cruise control is controlled by the ECU I believe therefore potentially new ECU. With the leather you could retrofit heated element as its just a 12v +ve /Gnd required but it would be hard to make it look neat. Bose needs a different loom aswell as you're going to 7 speakers.

It can be done but depends how much time/effort and most importantly money you have.

I have the GT seats in my non GT car but as has been said, all the extra toys dont work on it.

So the loom isnt all connected up then? I did notice a plug that wasnt used when I removed my cloth seats and asummed that was the power and part of the connector for the heat... :wacko: Would be odd for them not to put the wires in the loom... Also there may be a fuse that needs to be added? Just a thought. :) (Only reason I say this is cause the wires on the reverse are wired up for fog, indicators and reverse on both sides so fine for all countries, you just need to add or change pins around in the loom plug...)

Knew the heat wouldnt work as there are no switches in the centre console but thought that might join the circuit up when plugged in. I take it you have the heater switches?