17's?

bhavin85

hey all,

a quick question...ive seen a set of wheels that im thinkin about buying....they are an absolute steal but they are 17's!

F 17 x 8.0J offset +47mm

R 17 x 9.0J offset +47mm

Any idea of they will fit over the brembo calipers? I will use them as winter wheels ( i drive 60 miles a day so will burn through my 19's very fast in winter) if they do and keep my nismo's for summer :thumbs:

hey all,

a quick question...ive seen a set of wheels that im thinkin about buying....they are an absolute steal but they are 17's!

F 17 x 8.0J offset +47mm

R 17 x 9.0J offset +47mm

Any idea of they will fit over the brembo calipers? I will use them as winter wheels ( i drive 60 miles a day so will burn through my 19's very fast in winter) if they do and keep my nismo's for summer :thumbs:

I am going to be selling some standard 18" 8 spoke wheels shortly if you shortly, very good tyres about from 1 which will require changing soon and minimal kerb marks. :thumbs:

I thought that might be the case :(

I was gonna buy these :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WORK-VS-Rims-5-114-3-18-R33-R32-R34-200sx-S14-RX7-350Z_W0QQitemZ250482743359QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Trims_Car_Rims_ET?hash=item3a51ef583f&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Always liked these rims and would happily pay the 200 quid shipping charge! Oh well my search will go on for winter wheels :) thanks for the quick reply :thumbs:

they need a refurb, and tyres

if it helps to break it down those would need

wheels £330 + £200 p+p

Tyres + fitting = £500 - depends on the tyre who fits etc.

refurb = £240 - guide price from wicked wheels (not sure how much to have the lips polished as well)

possibly need spacers = £220 (maybe not needed)

total in for those wheels about £1270 as a rough guide price.

for about another £200 you could have a brand new set of 19's with tyres from Rare rims.

in fact they had a very similiar wheel that they wanted someone to try out so they could get picks and were offering additional discount on it for being the first. :blush:

plus they would fill the arches perfectly and not need any spacers. ;)

don't know if that helps, :blush: but might give some food for thought.

refurb = £240 - guide price from wicked wheels (not sure how much to have the lips polished as well)

The place where I had my Rays done charged a mere £35 per wheel, or £45 if you wanted them done in a particular finish. I was really happy with the finished article too.

hey all,

F 17 x 8.0J offset +47mm

R 17 x 9.0J offset +47mm

To be perfectly honest mate, you couldn't go more wrong with them if you tried. :)

I'd go for something else.

Best Regards,

Gaz

The place where I had my Rays done charged a mere £35 per wheel, or £45 if you wanted them done in a particular finish. I was really happy with the finished article too.

where did you get yours done?

Clicky clicky

In the arse end of nowhere, but really decent guys. Owner used to run a Zed, too :thumbs:

its good to know, but in order to do that i'd need to borrow a set while the work was done.

Buy mine for £200, sell them on when you're done to the next person who wants to get their wheels done;)

tempted to wait till october half term, then put it up on axle stands and take the wheels down, its also the cost of someone swapping all the tyres over and back and forth etc.

what i'd prefer is someoen who had a winter set of wheels who would lend them to me for 3 days while mine got done, i'd even pay a rental fee :blush: will have to wait and see. not sure what i'm doing yet.