Fixed Buckets...

Adriank

Has anyone tried to fit a pair of these?

As we dont need folding seats to let rear passengers in, i am toying with the idea of some fixed buckets as replacements.

I'm wondering if anyone has done this before, what seat rails to use and some reassurance that a bucket will fit!

Adrian

i have a fixed bucket in mine, the fit is fine but you need a custom subframe, i had to get an FIA approved one which meant i couldnt use the bride/buddyblub rails as they arnt to FIA standards :(

so i had to reweld the chassis to level the floor out and then used standard seat rails :thumbs:

harness off the roll cage... ;)

bucket weighs a nice 5kg's and a damn sight more when this pie muncher is sat in it no issues getting one in tho m8

OMP make some subframes, but they dont have a seatbelt buckle mount if you need one. I guess you could get a fabricator to weld you on a bracket pretty easy though.

Wouldnt fancy having fixed buckets in a daily driver car though :headhurt:

Yeah this is my daily driver :-P

Im looking at hardening the car up a bit, and im not fussed about needing to slide the seat etc...

Im also japanese size small build, so i can fit comfortably in a tiny bucket :thumbs:

What do you need FIA certification for Lizard, surely on a track day they wont need this as i dare say the std ones arent!

What do you need FIA certification for Lizard, surely on a track day they wont need this as i dare say the std ones arent!

No dont need it on a track day, but you will need it if you want to compete at pretty much any level. Always nice to have it to be sure though if you have a pure track machine.

You have to get some Brides Adrian B)

Has anyone tried to fit a pair of these?

As we dont need folding seats to let rear passengers in, i am toying with the idea of some fixed buckets as replacements.

I'm wondering if anyone has done this before, what seat rails to use and some reassurance that a bucket will fit!

Adrian

Hey Adrian,

I have toyed with this idea too but i can assure you that its not viable for everyday road use:thumbdown

I have just found some cheapish used sparco ones which i switch only when going on trackdays. all i need is to sort out how to install the harness and also to sort out any issues with the seat rails/subframe :thumbs:

The other option is to get a reclining seat "race" to upgrade the OEM ones and you can pair this with a harness which is pretty much ok for trackdays except for competition. the chioce is endless, leather, alcantatra, heated, non-heated, carbon/ backed or kevlar or both etc :scare:

Recaros or Brides do it for me anytime :cloud9: but they cost a few bob:blush:

just to confirm you dont need FIA spec ones for track days, only for competing, adrian, if you go to a decent place they will try and sort the seat for you personally, the one i got has specific cushions to take account of my insanely long back and the curve in my spine etc,

It wouldnt bother me using it as a daily drive but each to there own.