APS TT 350z for sale .... Dodgy???

barx

Sorry if this is a repost.

Spotted this on pistonsheads:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1104085.htm

First off i dont want to offend anyone if its theirs :blush:

Now, by my calculations, either the price is very far out or the car is... not great!

A 2005 standard Z sells for what, £13-£15k ?

From speaking to a few tuning tunings companys the average price of a twin turbo conversion costs around £8,000, and that gets a maximum of 400bhp safely (without changing internals).

To safely go above 400bhp you need to change the internals for forged items as far as im aware, which i have seen quotes for in excess of 10/12grand. This claims to be 430bhp so you presume it would have uprated internals i.e. costing the owner an absolute fortune.

So why is it for sale for one about 1or2 grand more than the cars worth?

Or have i got my figures wrong? hmmm.....

If not then this is absolute steal!!! and would be THE perfer buy for me, unfortunatly i prefect modifying myself as i now that everything has been done to a high standard.

Discuss?

mmm, he dosnt go into very much detail about the conversion does he, this is what people buting would want to know about, and as for 430 bhp, yes thiswould need the internals done and if these were done you would definetly be mentioning that in the add + asking for a lot more money

I know that all to well.

But, when it comes to a higher end car such as the 350z, with an engine worth a fortune, you would generally see them for sale for a fair whack more (maybe not the full cost of the conversion but you get my drift).

This has been for sale for ages.

Its an import so worth a bit less to start with.

Also its usually torque not HP that causes the problems :)

I would never buy an FI Z, Unless it had masses of paperwork & was mapped by somebody competent

Been for sale for ages.

I would be concerned if the build was done in Japan before it was shipped here.

At 430 bhp he defo should have had a lot of internal work done, plus you'd expect to do the brakes, suspension, clutch and bigger than standard rims too.

IMO he's selling it cheap as he bought it cheap off some independant and therefore is selling it relatively cheaply. If he had done it himself he would be proud of all the specific upgrades that the car had and not just list it as an APS TT zed and then prattle on about supercar performance 190 mph top end speed......all smacks of someone who didn't do the work themselves.......

Phone the chap up today, it all seems very legit to be honest.

All work was done here 2 years ago by a company called enginetuner in plymouth, he has full service history and complete reciepts for all work done.

I may go have a nose over the weekend or early next week.

Well worth a look at. :thumbs:

Worth around 15k IMHO providing it checks out okay and if date of first registration is 2005. etc.etc.etc.

Easy to map to lower numbers for those that are uncomfortable with the present.

I agree with this assessment. Back in the day, 430 was de-facto the figure quoted as Standard APS modification output point - numbers are numbers. De-tune to get you going :thumbs: 400 BHp on it's own was never (and still is not) a breaking figure in my view - far too simplistic a perspective. What breaks a rod is torque (force) not BHp (work ie force over a time period) and a bad tune (N/A tune equally) can break a rod in seconds.

As with everything else in life, inform yourself because there are good deals to be had :thumbs: