JDM fuel tank size?

rickya

I know the UK tanks capacity is 80lites, & the JDM fuel tank is smaller, but how much smaller.

Also just for reference approx how many miles do JDM owners specefically get out of a full fuel tank?

I know the UK tanks capacity is 80lites, & the JDM fuel tank is smaller, but how much smaller.

Also just for reference approx how many miles do JDM owners specefically get out of a full fuel tank?

yes I,ve heard that the JDM tank is smaller?

but according to a Japanese brochure I have ., it says its 80 litres :thumbs: never could understand why they would make a fuel tank smaller for one over another market anyway!

in an American brochure it states their market fuel tank is 20 gallons... (but bear in mind the US gallon is a lot smaller than a UK gallon about a pint difference I seem to remember )

Thought I had come across this before. This was posted by Steve-B in January.

"Fuel tank size is different as well with the JDM I think.

One thing that I would consider a must for a JDM is check about wether it has the same rust protection as a uk car. Some imports dont have a good protection in that area. Consider wax oil if this is the case."

Jim

right we need to get to the bottom of this: Lomoto run yours dry, and fill it up please, by dry I mean bring a 5L container of petrol with you :teeth:

I will run it low down to single figures on DTE, not totally out though as it will play havoc if I get an airlock in the pipes.. and see what it takes to fill her up ! :thumbs: dont hold your breath for an answer though as I am nearly full at pres :surrender:

One thing that I would consider a must for a JDM is check about wether it has the same rust protection as a uk car. Some imports dont have a good protection in that area. Consider wax oil if this is the case."

Jim

Yes I dont know what rust proofing or underseal they put on UK standard..

my car has no underseal whatsoever.. and to be honest it will stay this way as I have no intention of using it in bad weather (ie salty roads).. but for a 4 year old car I can tell you it looks brand new underneath I dont think the Japs put salt on their roads!!

no single figures, go with --- for about 10 miles to, as there's still plenty left on single figures mate!.

Out of the dealership when i got mine, we went to fill it up with optimax (apparently only had about £5 worth of petrol in it) and I put 73L in! But I know that our cars have 80L tanks :)

Jim

Yes I dont know what rust proofing or underseal they put on UK standard..

my car has no underseal whatsoever.. and to be honest it will stay this way as I have no intention of using it in bad weather (ie salty roads).. but for a 4 year old car I can tell you it looks brand new underneath I dont think the Japs put salt on their roads!!

My car was undersealed by the importer when it was imported. The FAQs page from their website explains all.

http://www.mackaytrading.co.uk/faqs.asp

Jim

Well after one week of ownership (will post a write up this weeked with pics, weather permitting) & one week of on the revs driving with several 'rev limit flashing' indulgencies I have finished my first tank of petrol! There were absoloutely no motorway miles & any relaxed driving moments was sitting in traffic on the way to & from work! Definetly have to come back down to planet earth & go easy on fuel & money from here on...yeah right :D:D

Anyway after running it down 37miles to empty (with empty light on & dte flashing) I have filled & over filled an extra half litre to a total of 61.45 litres.

So I think a 2004 JDM fuel tank capacity is: 62 litres

Well that was as suspected but my JDM manual & it seems Lomoto's also does say 80litres. But I think that could be as the MY06 JDM may have an 80litre fuel tank & this could be a new book I have been given or a UK book, im not sure?

Well after one week of ownership (will post a write up this weeked with pics, weather permitting) & one week of on the revs driving with several 'rev limit flashing' indulgencies I have finished my first tank of petrol! There were absoloutely no motorway miles & any relaxed driving moments was sitting in traffic on the way to & from work! Definetly have to come back down to planet earth & go easy on fuel & money from here on...yeah right :D:D

Anyway after running it down 37miles to empty (with empty light on & dte flashing) I have filled & over filled an extra half litre to a total of 61.45 litres.

I have a copy of the US handbook which gives the capacity as 20 US gallons, or 72 litres.

Jim

Well that was as suspected but my JDM manual & it seems Lomoto's also does say 80litres. But I think that could be as the MY06 JDM may have an 80litre fuel tank & this could be a new book I have been given or a UK book, im not sure?

More like 70l,,, lots in reserve ;)

all UK brochures say 80L, we just need to get down to the bottom of this JDM tank capacity thing :teeth:

You'll have an answer in a couple of days when I get through some more juice :scare:

I've had 50 miles with the ---- flashing and still only managed 73litres :blush: tho nothing to do with JDM tank size, just how long I lasted ;)