Unlucky Zeding........what would you do?

Bluerat

As i mentioned in this post

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=25430

I began looking for a Z about 3 months ago, i finally get one last week from PhilTheForce which is awesome i have to say.

Anyway after a weekend of joy i then loose my job on the monday leaving me with very little money as you can imagine. Now obviously i could seriously cut my out goings and then hopefully i would be able to keep the Z. However I could also sell the Zed and I would be a lot better off.

Apart from this being unusally unlucky it made me think long and hard about the value of my Z. Now i plan on pretty much living on things i find in bins if it means i can keep the Z, but what would you do? Could you bear to give up your Z in a financial crisis?

Loosing my job however does give me more time with the Z!! :yahoo:

I have thought about selling my zed and my dad keeps telling me to sell it :dry: and i just cant do it

She is away at the doctors and im missing her :thumbdown:

Def don't think i could sell

Ever since i started driving i have only ever kept a car for 6 months until the zed iv had her a year nearly now and love it

She wont be going anytime soon unless i want another one :D

we all know what the sensible option is but i'm with you. I'm going through a divorce at the mo and my financial state is dire. I refuse to let the zed go as its my one real pleasure and all the friends i have made through the forum etc have made life a lot more bearable. I work full time and am about to get a second job a couple nights a week to fund the fuel. Some would say thats crazy but for me its worth it. Stick with it and hope it all works out for you. :thumbs:

Ever since i started driving i have only ever kept a car for 6 months until the zed iv had her a year nearly now and love it

+1!

we all know what the sensible option is but i'm with you.

+1 also :thumbs:

you'll figure it out mate. but remember you can always get another one later on, dont find yourself starving to death or in serious financial trouble just to keep it.

we all know what the sensible option is but i'm with you.

+1 also :thumbs:

you'll figure it out mate. but remember you can always get another one later on, dont find yourself starving to death or in serious financial trouble just to keep it.

+1

Just don't drive it until you get a job. The only time you should sell it would be when you can't afford to live properly (i.e. eat, pay the bills, etc).

How come your company didn't give you any signs that you and others could be laid off? I always get sneaky suspiscions and ask management openly - then again, I'm a contractor so im always moving about. :wacko:

That's not good.

Quick advice that might be helpfull even if can sound strange, as above keep the Z for now but don't drive it ( I was going to put a deposit on that one but you arrived first you'll hardly find a better bargain than that!).

The easiest job that you can get is like a waiter for an high street chain, I'm a restaurant manager and my guys earns as much as me on their payslip plus cash tips! It might doesn't do for you but it pays for the bills while you looking around.

As for everything there are some company to stay clear from but if you want but pm me and tell you more.

Firstly, you only lost your job on Monday, it's only Wednesday night/Thursday morning there, don't panic immediately. Just use your noggin and you'll get there. But as the guys say, if it's going to cause major hardship, have a good hard think about it.

Here's a totally out of the box idea and I know I'll get flamed for it for sure, but how about a forum lottery.

Each member pays £1 a month and we draw a number at random every 1st of the month, winner gets the monthly pool.

To make it more fair and hopefully even, whoever wins, cannot be entered into the draw the following month, but can if willing still pay.

What you guys and girls think?

Here's a totally out of the box idea and I know I'll get flamed for it for sure, but how about a forum lottery.

Each member pays £1 a month and we draw a number at random every 1st of the month, winner gets the monthly pool.

To make it more fair and hopefully even, whoever wins, cannot be entered into the draw the following month, but can if willing still pay.

What you guys and girls think?

Im up for this lottery :thumbs:

That's some seriously bad luck there mate! How about you avoid rent by moving into the Zed?! :lol:

But seriously don't panic. I was out of work all last summer after getting laid-off. It turned out to actually help me, making me much more aware of how to save money, how much I was wasting and generally streamlining my life.

I also found out what I could claim for off the council - which turned out to be both Housing Benefit (to help my rent) and Job Seekers Allowance.

My bills were reduced because you don't pay council tax and after cutting back a bit (selling any extra crap on ebay, reducing my bills etc) I could get by ok.

I also rediscovered my mountain bike which not only saved me mucho petrol money but kept me fit. I kept my car all this time - only using it a couple of times a week to keep it running ok.

I eventually got a new job, much better paid than before and thanks to all the money saving and selling I was doing I was living a much more uncluttered happier life than before! :clap:

You'll be ok mate - dont worry. :thumbs:

Plus you'll be able to Polish the Zed everyday!