Veilside V3 Bodykit information needed....

barx

Hi there guys, new to the 350z scene but not new to the modifiying scene.

Im hoping some of you out there can answer a few questions for me regard the v3 veilside kit, ive had a search around and cant find much infomation to answer all my q's. anyway...

1) What archwork needs to be done underneath the overfenders to allow for wide enough wheels to stick out to meet the new fenders, and do the new bumpers need to be cut too?

2) can 20" wheels still fit on, with the car alos being lowered, with no rubbing issues, i.e. how low can you go on this kit with 20" wheels, or 19s if more sensible.

3) i know a lot of you with this kit run wheel spacers, im not a huge a fan, i run 3" wheel spacers all round on my fiesta and would rather just get extremely wide wheels, i.e. custom made wheels to fit my width and offset. Question is, can anyone tell me what kinda offset you would need on the back with say 11/12/13" wheels to direct fit with no spacer, and the offsets for the front for say 9/9.5" wheels (possibly run small spacers on the front). Sorry i know this is a difficult question but it could potentially say me having to drive around with wheels tucked in the arches for too long.

4) Replica or Genuine. I know straight away your answer is genuine, this is my first choice too. and IF the replica kit is anything less than perfect fitting i would be 100% against them. BUT.... i ran into a v3 350z today at a show with a replica kit, spoke to the guy who made the kit and built the car and all i can say is WOW... perfect fitment i could not fault it! To the fact its going to save me around £3000 by useing a replica kit... it appeals now. But what are you opinions... only only the basis that i can fit the kit 100%, or are there any of you that have had bad experiences with replicas. Can people point me in the right direction? maybe a UK importer of the genuine kit?

I think thats it for now i will add to it if i think of more, anyone that helps me with any questions id appreciate a lot :)

Thanks guys.

1) Yes some work may need to be done to inner arches esp if you slam it.

2) Yep 20's can be fitted and fill the arch well but you will get some rubbin issues

3) +22 on a 10.5 fills the arch. I think Andy is running 40mm of spacers and that fills the arches. Unfortunalty not good enough to do the maths to work that one out!!

4) Genuine (viewtopic.php?f=32&t=25863) I have seen some replicas and they are shocking on the fit. lots of work to get them right. The owner of these did get rid of some to Andy Kudos and they were spot on and easy to fit...

If you want any info, speak to Andy as he has the kit and has been through the pains of getting this kit to fit just right!

Hi there guys, new to the 350z scene but not new to the modifiying scene.

Im hoping some of you out there can answer a few questions for me regard the v3 veilside kit, ive had a search around and cant find much infomation to answer all my q's. anyway...

1) What archwork needs to be done underneath the overfenders to allow for wide enough wheels to stick out to meet the new fenders, and do the new bumpers need to be cut too?

2) can 20" wheels still fit on, with the car alos being lowered, with no rubbing issues, i.e. how low can you go on this kit with 20" wheels, or 19s if more sensible.

3) i know a lot of you with this kit run wheel spacers, im not a huge a fan, i run 3" wheel spacers all round on my fiesta and would rather just get extremely wide wheels, i.e. custom made wheels to fit my width and offset. Question is, can anyone tell me what kinda offset you would need on the back with say 11/12/13" wheels to direct fit with no spacer, and the offsets for the front for say 9/9.5" wheels (possibly run small spacers on the front). Sorry i know this is a difficult question but it could potentially say me having to drive around with wheels tucked in the arches for too long.

4) Replica or Genuine. I know straight away your answer is genuine, this is my first choice too. and IF the replica kit is anything less than perfect fitting i would be 100% against them. BUT.... i ran into a v3 350z today at a show with a replica kit, spoke to the guy who made the kit and built the car and all i can say is WOW... perfect fitment i could not fault it! To the fact its going to save me around £3000 by useing a replica kit... it appeals now. But what are you opinions... only only the basis that i can fit the kit 100%, or are there any of you that have had bad experiences with replicas. Can people point me in the right direction? maybe a UK importer of the genuine kit?

I think thats it for now i will add to it if i think of more, anyone that helps me with any questions id appreciate a lot :)

Thanks guys.

Just to add to what Fiddy has said, its recommended not to lower it with 20's on as the ride height and look is perfect. Although if you do lower it you may find you have lots of issues with the front clearance. You can rule out bying genuine as Veilside last i heard no longer make the kit. The replicas being produced nowadays are normally spot on just make sure you use a good body shop and you should be fine. :thumbs::bounce:

I take it you must have cut most of the standard arches out on the rear to get it to drop 4cm at the back as the rear tyre will now fit about a 3rd of the way past the stock arch?

How much distance have you got between the tyre and then stock arch?

The Rear arch's need to be completly cut out, so will never turn back into a standard zed, make sure you get a good body shop for this. You will allmost defo need spacers unless you get a great fitment on wheels. The genuine kit, as i have, needs no cutting at all bud :thumbs:

Running 20"s on mine, no rubbing issues as of yet, not lowered though.

Im running 40mm on the rear and 3mm on the front, to totally fill the arch's :thumbs:

Dependent on budget mainly, i got a genuine kit on mine, but have seen some great replica kits fitted to the zed, main thing is the body work shop, make sure its a good one, as there can be a fair few problems. And as said, from what i know you can no longer get a genuine kit.

Any more questions, drop me a PM, more than welcome to come have a look at my zed too, and what budget you got for your zed bud, and then moddding it ?

Rik - I dont believe yours would be dropped 45/50mm as mine is 45 mm all round and the tyres are virtually tucked, this is running 18's on the standard car body work. If you had 20's you'd be definately inside the arch.

OriginalDrop2.jpg

Just for ref.. this is my car dropped 45mm on the front and only marginally dropped on the rear. Obviously I dont drive round like this... this picture was just taken for referance. (could set a new drag styleeeeee approach to lowering though :D ) The back now matches the front

Hi mate , there are a few guys running with this kit, i may be wrong but i dont think you can get the genuine veilside kit anymore :wacko:

sure you can :)

That sounds good.

Could you PM me with price's if possible? Full kit (spoiler and bonnet also).

:)

Also is this from the UK or will i have to pay ridiculously expensive import fee's and postage?

Hi mate , there are a few guys running with this kit, i may be wrong but i dont think you can get the genuine veilside kit anymore :wacko:

sure you can :)

That sounds good.

Could you PM me with price's if possible? Full kit (spoiler and bonnet also).

Also is this from the UK or will i have to pay ridiculously expensive import fee's and postage?

The postage will NOT be ridiculous from Adam. It'll be quick too!. You might get import fees but that's our governments fault!

• 2 weeks later...