Jockland Hoon Harry Potter Train

Stew

Ok folks,

I would like to offer a little extra for the hoon, it has been mentioned a lot but I thought it deserved it's own thread.

The 350Z Harry Potter Experience! :lol:

jacobiteSteamTrainTripMain5.jpg

This is a trip on the historic Jacobite Steam Train and the route has been used in the Harry Potter movies to depict the train journey to Hogworts....

This was voted top rail journey in the world which I'm sure is great if you are a train spotter!

The info is here http://www.westcoastrailways.co.uk/Jacobite_Home.cfm

I need numbers to make a group booking. The journey would be taking place on Friday 4th September.

1. Stew and Jayne 2 x tickets

2. Ebized (Colin & June) 2 x tickets

3. Chris and Amanda 2 x tickets

4. Andy(AK350z) and Fran 2 x tickets

Fran was dying to do this when we went up anyway, sign us up!

Says it's special rates for parties of ten or more too.

OK 10% discount.... why they couldn't have told me that via email I have no idea!

So I will do a group booking when I know whos all going.

Obviously going for the return journey and you can leave the cars in Fort William with no issues.

OK 10% discount.... why they couldn't have told me that via email I have no idea!

So I will do a group booking when I know whos all going.

Obviously going for the return journey and you can leave the cars in Fort William with no issues.

:thumbs:

Well I looked at it but couldn't find the differences. If it was worth it we could do first class, lets face it you guys are travelling a long way so might as well do it right!

I'll look into the differences.

No idea Stew, I assumed it was just in a first class carriage rather than a standard one. Doesnt appear to be any first class available on the Friday though :thumbdown: Maybe if you phone they might have some available.

I'll call them. Either that or we all do it on the monday instead????

As for most they could travel home after that if the were leaving on the monday. I'll leave it open for discussion!

Well I looked at it but couldn't find the differences. If it was worth it we could do first class, lets face it you guys are travelling a long way so might as well do it right!

I'll look into the differences.

If you open the link you provided it is there on the front page - £30 return standard and £45 return first class. I think for the two of us £60 is enough to pay for the views and anyway you don't get a better class of soot in your face by going 1st class, so the wooden benches will do for us :lol:

Just saw a programme on ITV ( Countrywise I think it's called ) which showed the Jacobite journey and took in some of the the local sights and spoke about the history surrounding the area. Looking forward to this :teeth::thumbs:

Hey guys - we'd like to go to Hogwarts too

2. Ebized (Colin & June) 2 x tickets

3. Chris and Amanda 2 x tickets

4. Andy(AK350z) and Fran 2 x tickets

5. John and Patricia 2 x tickets

6. Vicky & Gary 2 x tickets

:teeth: