Good Nissan - Bad Nissan

sally

Hello All,

Just a small rant really.................

My Z's alloy are corroding. I tool it to main dealer who took some photos and applied for a warranty claim.

Eventually i hear back, The wheels have been authorised and they will order them.

Today, several months later they arrive, Woo Hoo. Or so i thought.......

Opened the box and instead on my 6 spoke rays alloys i have received 5 spoke anthracite nissan GT4 wheels.

Dealer are now telling me that because the rays are more expensive than the ones i received so they are going to have to make another claim! So i guess i have some more waiting to do. The better auhorise these as i will have a hissy fit.

Cant believe they got it wrong, i mean THEY TOOK PICTURES!!!!!!

Sorry, Rant over!!

Stop confusing me! I thought a made the right decision. Not sure now!

They dont look they would last very well.

They will last as long as they are looked after well, which means cleaning them every other day, well I do mine every other day to keep the brake dust off which is the corrosive stuff to alloys!

Two reasons for staying with Rays 1) These GT4 wheels are heavier thus handling will be affected. 2) There is hardly any paint on the inner rim surface and in my heart of hearts after a couple of winters they are gonna be corroding up. The current set of Rays on the car on the inner rim are still in immac condition, after 27000 miles!

Mind you, I think 5 spoke is better because you have 5 wheelnuts, but that's just me.

Shut up! Your not helping!!!! At least i know not to use Billberry wheel cleaner on my new rims!!!!

Correction...you can use it just fine, because you do NOT have a polished anodized lip, so......MEH!

:lol: its got so heated :lol: i think the rims they've offered you are really nice. part of the appeal is not as many people have them which is great.

everybody has thier own opinion on rims as they do on any other styling aspect, take a survey of opinions to help you but dont let them choose for you

Car parts will last as long as you look after them, some take more looking after than others ;)