wheel care !!

Carlin

Hi just got my new 20" Finichi rimini wheels a few weeks ago and wondered what was best to clean and seal the polished lip ?

I got meguiars nxt all metal polish but think its only for the exhaust and will maybe scratch the finish.But its okay to use then ill just use it ??Help needed on the best way to maintain my wheels. :D:D:D

So say away from the meguiars all metal polish then !! Yeah wheels look great and got them from andy .Great guy to deal with and very helpful . So any wax to give them a coat after cleaning .Where do you get Rimwax from??Good stuff ??

Think ill give the rimwax a go and not use the metal polish .It looks like alot you use rimwax so it must do the trick .

Take it the rimwax is okay for a polished lip wheel .Need to order some asap .

Cheers.

Poorboys wheelsealant will do the job too.

If the lip doesn't have laquer then the megs all metal polysh will work well. I would only use it when the the lip was scratched though as it WILL scratch if unlaquered!

chemical guys wheel guard for me (well it was!!) Only thing I can recommend with the polished rims is wash them as often as possible and dont let them sit with road crap on them!

Also invest in a leafblower to get rid of the water from the nooks and crannies! Wax will help but on most 2 peice wheels your never gonna get all the wax in there so making sure they are as dry and clean as possible will help! And after washing dousing with as much water as possible from a hose pipe will help to get rid of any left over soap....

According to Andy @ Kudos

"Stainless Steel Inox Lip and the spokes are gloss black innards and ploished fronts, all the spoke part of the wheel has a clear coat on it"

I said can you use Megs Metal polish, he said "Should be alright yeah but tbh. I just use Meguiar's wheel cleaner on mine and they come up a treat"

He has and sells the Finchi range, but hes just a bit busy at the mo so I messaged him!

Yeah it was andy I got the wheels from .Ordered the rim wax last nite and some clay bar .So just waiting for it to come and I dont do alot of miles so the break dust is never to bad .Also try and wash them once a week to try and keep on top of them.Just waxed the car so its looking not bad .

Hi again .Sorry if this is a question been asked before but got my rimwax in and wondered how often you need to put it on??

kind of need to the detailing and only had my zed around eight months but loving it big time .I would put pictures on but not very good with computers as I know you all like pictures .

Cheers :):)

Well I'd personally put on 2 (or even 3) thin layers to begin with.

Then top it up every month ot two.

I'm sure it's durable but I've never used it. You'd be ok with that though I think

cheers for that . Will give them a good clean as soon as the rain stops in sunny scotland .Which maybe never .Also got new zymol titanium wax to give a go and some clay bar .So hope to get a few coats on once the weather clears up.

Cheers again.

Hi again .

just to say I gave the car a good wash and also put a couple of coats of the rimwax on .So see how it goes the next time I wash them . Getting into this detailing !!

Also put a wax coat of the new zymol wax on and it was dead easy to use and gave a great shine .Cars black so not easy to keep clean!!