Swap Black for Alezean

sunset350z

The seats are easy to swap just remember to do one set of bolts, then slide seat forwards, disconnect battery, leave for 5 mins, then do next set of bolts, disconnecting all the harnesses whilst your at it, obv park somewhere with enough space to open the door fully.

Steering wheel is quite straight forward but mine was a pain in the ass, it has those safety screws star shaped in it with loctite around the edge and the notch in the middle to stop you using a standard tool, i broke 1 or 2 trying to remove mine, came off in the end tho, make sure you leave the battery off for this....

Also having watched a m8 explode my passenger airbag (safely of course :scare: ) try not to take one of those to the face! :thumbs:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it has those safety screws star shaped in it with loctite around the edge and the notch in the middle to stop you using a standard tool

Security torx bolts per chance? ;)

Yes they are. You need to add a little thread lock to them when you put them back too. Also, after disconnecing the battery, pump the brake a bit to get rid of any residual "juice" in the system so the airbag no go pop! I've had mine out about 5 times using this method so its more than safe :thumbs:

Other things to remember, make sure the steering wheel is dead straight when you do the swap. Its splined, so you should be able to drop the swapped wheel straight on as long as they are both in the same place. Also, once you have the wheel off, dont go spinning the bits that are left on the column, you will just confuse the TC and send it mad until you untwist it again! Somone on here and in the US did it before and took them a while to get it back working again! :lol:

it has those safety screws star shaped in it with loctite around the edge and the notch in the middle to stop you using a standard tool

They are, you need a T30 tamper proof torx bit :thumbs:

They are, you need a T30 tamper proof torx bit :thumbs:

I don't think i have the tamper proof ones, Nurrish have you got one ?

All went well and i am happy with the swap. Couldn't get my knob off though....really really tough!!!!

However i am getting a air bag light which blinks. Have done an ecu reset but this still remains........Any one got the suggestions??

Need to do an airbag reset. Ian will hopefully show me how to fix it and i'll let you know how its done. Me thinks we should of disconnected the battery first :doh:

Yeah mate :surrender:

Good day today though :thumbs:

Do you guys f'in listen? :bangin:

after disconnecing the battery, pump the brake a bit to get rid of any residual "juice" in the system so the airbag no go pop! I've had mine out about 5 times using this method so its more than safe :thumbs:

Airbag reset procedure is posted up somewhere. I would find it and tell you, but you dont listen anyway :p

Woooohooooooo have managed to get rid of the airbag light :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Followed this simple guide

1.) First I open my door and use that as a timer.

2.) Turn my car into the on position wait for the airbag light to come on.

3.) Turn key to off position. When the airbag light starts to blink . You will hear the beeping sound from your door being open. Count 10 beeps and follow the same steps as number 2.) For 4 times it should go off.

I haven't done that yet, but after doing the other reset procedure i now have the airbag light come on for 4 seconds then it goes off for 3 secs then it flashes twice and then off for 4 seconds and so on. Maybe its telling me there's a fault somewhere. If anyone kows what this means let me know please. In the meantime i'll try your way Nurrish.

Chris, i knew that i had to disconnect the battery but in the excitement of doing the job, i had already taken the seats out and only realised when i had to take the steering wheel off :doh:

Woooohooooooo have managed to get rid of the airbag light :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

3.) Turn key to off position. When the airbag light starts to blink . You will hear the beeping sound from your door being open. Count 10 beeps and follow the same steps as number 2.) For 4 times it should go off.

This was a non starter for me, didn't hear any beeping noises at all when the door was open :surrender:

This was a non starter for me, didn't hear any beeping noises at all when the door was open :surrender:

Yeah same here but try it by counting to 7 then turning off then turn it back on again. Try that 4 times

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to Ian :thumbs: i now have the last piece of the jigsaw. Along with the orange leather gaitor i fitted the other day, i've finally got the interior i've wanted for so long :yahoo: Thanks to Nurrish and to Ian for living up to the expectations of this excellent forum/club!! :clap::clap: Very much appreciated.

The only thing i need to get sorted is the steering wheel airbag. I broke the connection in the yellow connector block when trying to pull it out of the back of the airbag, so now need a new cable. Anyone got one laying around they may wat to sell???