Nightime parking dilemma

Mark-UK

At night I pay an office block next door £50 a month to park up in their secured gated/locked parking spot, its next door to my gaff, thing is im starting to get fed up of having to open gate, get car out, close gate, drive off, get back, park up, open gate, drive car in, lock gate, go in home...everytime I go out in the car.

So im thinking rather then spend £600 a year to park in there maybe get a tracker instead which will be cheaper, and also a steering lock, then park it outside my house.

Plus theres the thing that if I need to get somewhere in an emergency it takes 5-10 minutes to get on the road after all the faffing about.

What would you guys do?

I think for the piece of mind i'd do what your doing now.

You can get a tracker installed.....but if someone decides to brake in either through the window or f*!k with your door lock its going to cost a fair bit to get them replaced.

Depends how at risk you feel your Z will be outside your house on the drive?

Whats the area like, what are the motor vehicle offences figures like?

Worth checking out, if you dont already know.

A SECURED car parking space is every Z owners dream I suspect.

Jerry :)

Get it chipped with a unichip and then get the bluetooth module that you can select a map with your mobile using bluetooth and have the map set so it wont rev higher than 1k revs, if someone nicks it then they cant get away and wont know why and also cant change it as they havnt got your phone!

Power and security in one package!

Blimey thats clever, how much would all that cost? I live on a cul de sac at the end in a quiet place, only thing near me are fields with horses, nobody comes past as as there is knowehere to go unless you live here.
Problem solved then, I'd be parking outside of the house if I lived there! The £600 a year you save can be spent on mods :evil:

Afraid I am with Mike bud, its not the theft that concerns me where I live, its the muppet with a key or the passing back heel in the door panel.

This is partly why I park there, I do however have access to a drive thats down the side of were I live, its a shared drive between the two apartments i rent one from but the bloke next door never parks down it ever. Plus that drive is covered by the next door form cottages 20k security system as they own farm equipment though its not a farm just land attached to a cottage.

IMO trackers are a waste of time, thieves usually assume that sportscars have trackers so usually rip the interior to bits to find them, and even if it had been stolen and retrieved I don't think I would want it back after some ned got his grotty yellow fingers over my steering wheel and graced my newly treated leather seats with his pissy nylon tracksuit....i would rather it was burnt in a field!

Just park it out front, spend £590 on a nice zorst and a tenner on a baseball bat!!!!!!!!

R

Presuming you're not the only one parking there, wouldn't it be possible to approach the proprietor and ask what with all that money he's making, would it be too much to ask for a remote operated gate to be installed?

+1

Off road and out of sight is best.

+1 as well. Also good to have your car in a dry garage rather than exposed to the elements if doesn't have to be.

All comes down to how dodgy an area is. IMO A tracker is OK but not really worth it. The sort of people that would now steal a 350z are going to be pros and probably ready to drive it straight into a container - tracker rendered useless.

The main reason I put mine in a garage is due to the risk of vandalism. Even in a very good safe area some drunken **** decided to vandalise the bonnet of my car requiring a £250 respray. Thats the sort of thing I would be worried about not it being nicked.

Also what other cars park in your street. If its one of the better ones its more likely to be done due to envy. If there are loads of great ones you should be fine

Park it out front and get a car cover? I know they look naff but would help to avoid keying, unless they were determined and pulled it off :thumbdown:

Only problem with that is he'd have to wash it every time he parks up as you dont want to be putting a cover on a dirty car as it will scratch it :headhurt:

Park it out front and get a car cover? I know they look naff but would help to avoid keying, unless they were determined and pulled it off :thumbdown:

Only problem with that is he'd have to wash it every time he parks up as you dont want to be putting a cover on a dirty car as it will scratch it :headhurt:

:headhurt:

Spend a few quid on a tracker and maybe a camera to catch whats going on?

I had my whole car keyed a few months ago. 9 panels in total... - I know how it feels to be at the other end.

Prevention is the main target. - Put some 'CCTV in Operation' signs up as well as making your camera visible.