maz77

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice one! You might make a few £££ if you decide to sell these :thumbs:

thanks chaps for the feedback

If you decided to start making them id definatley be interested :thumbs:

I will be making these for the zed very soon if there is interest. also I need to have a closer look at a zed with the bigger oil sump to take that into consideration. there were a couple at the modified show but I couldnt take measurements without any tools and jacking a car up. so if any of you locals have the bigger sump and can spare me few minutes that would be great :thumbs:

I like the look of that but I am not a fan of small nuts & bolts holding things together in awkward to get at places. Perhaps further development with a few more bends or welds may be a way forward if a more 'commercial' product is considered.

arkwright, I templated at least 5 undertrays till I got to this. its still a ONE PIECE design if you take the sides off. its almost impossible to create these bends in 2 mm thick intermediate grade aluminum. It could be achievable with 1 mm or less thickness, but your sacrificing rigidity and protection with that sort of thickness. I will take into consideration any suggestions to improve it though.

Nice one! You might make a few £££ if you decide to sell these :thumbs:

thanks chaps for the feedback

If you decided to start making them id definatley be interested :thumbs:

I will be making these for the zed very soon if there is interest. also I need to have a closer look at a zed with the bigger oil sump to take that into consideration. there were a couple at the modified show but I couldnt take measurements without any tools and jacking a car up. so if any of you locals have the bigger sump and can spare me few minutes that would be great :thumbs:

I like the look of that but I am not a fan of small nuts & bolts holding things together in awkward to get at places. Perhaps further development with a few more bends or welds may be a way forward if a more 'commercial' product is considered.

arkwright, I templated at least 5 undertrays till I got to this. its still a ONE PIECE design if you take the sides off. its almost impossible to create these bends in 2 mm thick intermediate grade aluminum. It could be achievable with 1 mm or less thickness, but your sacrificing rigidity and protection with that sort of thickness. I will take into consideration any suggestions to improve it though.

very nice m8 :)

1 question tho, have you used locking nuts on the bolts or used 'thread lock' as the vibrations under the car might shake um loose which wouldn't be good :blush:

1 question tho, have you used locking nuts on the bolts or used 'thread lock' as the vibrations under the car might shake um loose which wouldn't be good :blush:

thread lock but this will change soon anyway as I managed to fine a single construct z-shaped bar. so half of the bolts will disappear. I am also looking into welding instead of bolts :thumbs:

thread lock but this will change soon anyway as I managed to fine a single construct z-shaped bar. so half of the bolts will disappear. I am also looking into welding instead of bolts :thumbs:

Looking forward to seeing more maz, and actually seeing it soon, does sound and look B)

Looking forward to seeing more maz, and actually seeing it soon, does sound and look B)

your welcome to drop by and have a look mark. I am only down the road :thumbs:

Have to take ya up on that bud ;) , aslong as there ant no bumps :lol:

following the various suggestions and conversation over the subject, here is the new version of the undertray.

few differences:

1.5 mm thickness intermediate grade aluminium used instead of 2 mm.

no nuts or bolts used, all TIG welded by a professional workshop.

vent in place, partially welded do prevent aluminium distortion.

opening to allow for change of oil and filter without the need to take off the undertray.

pics

P1010086.jpg

P1010087.jpg

P1010088.jpg

P1010089.jpg

P1010069.jpg

P1010070.jpg

P1010074.jpg

P1010075.jpg

P1010085.jpg

P1010119.jpg

P1010120.jpg

P1010122.jpg

as always, feedback and suggestions are welcome.

if any one is interested, pm me. It takes few days to get them done.