Is it safe to rev a VQ35DE to 7200 rpm?

IanS16

The only nismo ECU in the UK :thumbs: (that I know of)

Doubt it'll be putting out anywhere near as much power as your properly tuned ECU but definitely feels a lot better than stock plus its de-restricted. I'll find out on the dyno day anyway!

I accidentally left 2 nice lines of rubber outside nurrish's house when I first pulled off :lol:

Doubt it'll be putting out anywhere near as much power as your properly tuned ECU but definitely feels a lot better than stock plus its de-restricted. I'll find out on the dyno day anyway!

I accidentally left 2 nice lines of rubber outside nurrish's house when I first pulled off :lol:

I thought Martin had one too? Didnt realise your were another blessed one!

I think you will find it may be putting out the same power as mine if not more!, but also it may give an explanation why yours is a tad louder than most ;) Looking forward to your graph and the output numbers! Wonder if there is anyway that you can get the timings / settings / tunning info off it!!

I think you will find it may be putting out the same power as mine if not more!, but also it may give an explanation why yours is a tad louder than most ;) Looking forward to your graph and the output numbers! Wonder if there is anyway that you can get the timings / settings / tunning info off it!!

Martin did have one ;)

If you find a way feel free to grab the settings off me :thumbs:

Martin did have one ;)

If you find a way feel free to grab the settings off me :thumbs:

Bugger!!! That was sly!!! Nice undercover purchase!!! ;)

Anyone know if a Nissan CANBUS reader can get the info off it? ie would a dealer be able to hook it up and read it?

Still confused!!! What am I searching for? Just searched for nismo and martinmac and it bought up virtually every post you have made!

And reading your ECU post I couldn see any numbers or a post about if Nissan can give you the datalogged info!

Help!!!

Ian, do you know anyone with a datalogger? From Adam's post in Martins thread he asked if it had been datalogged, guessing this would be a way to get the cam, AFR etc info....

Erm nurrish may have a datalogger but I'd have to ask him if we can do it without removing it from his car as its his car pc.

I think Martin got rid of it because you have to run it on 98RON fuel at a minimum and he lives in the sicks.

Should have said it was up for grabs Mart, I'd have had it, my baby lives on 99RON!

Mark: It doesnt like playing with OBDII readers, mine wouldnt connect to it at all. It acknowledged that something was there but wouldnt connect, my guessing being that as its not a factory unit, it doesnt need to comply with OBDII protocols. I would guess it will only talk to Nissan proprietry software (Consult via CANBUS)

Ian: Running into the limiter will not cause your engine to blow, but it might cause other problems. I think I remember reading that it cuts the fueling to control the rev limit which can be very dodgy if done a lot. Alex will confirm though. So no blown engine, but could damage it.

Should have said it was up for grabs Mart, I'd have had it, my baby lives on 99RON!

Mark: It doesnt like playing with OBDII readers, mine wouldnt connect to it at all. It acknowledged that something was there but wouldnt connect, my guessing being that as its not a factory unit, it doesnt need to comply with OBDII protocols. I would guess it will only talk to Nissan proprietry software (Consult via CANBUS)

Ian: Running into the limiter will not cause your engine to blow, but it might cause other problems. I think I remember reading that it cuts the fueling to control the rev limit which can be very dodgy if done a lot. Alex will confirm though. So no blown engine, but could damage it.

Yeah mine lives on 99 too so it'll be well looked after ;)

I suppose RS Tuning could take a backup of the ECU and find out the settings from a PC.

I suppose RS Tuning could take a backup of the ECU and find out the settings from a PC.

Would be interesting to see if Nismo use the stock ECU with a different map or if it is a completely different chip. If its the OEM with different map, then I guess RS Tuning may be able to dump it. I would have thought Nismo would have protected the chip suitably to stop people stealing the map. If we could get a dump of it, it would make RS Tunings mapping a lot quicker! :lol:

It looks exactly the same as my stock one, just with nismo branding. No serial numbers or anything.

Nismo

Sports Resetting

Sports Engine Control Module

And thats about it.

Only problem is that RS Tuning is a bit of a drive for me and I'm still not 100% convinced that they will be able to remap the ECUs as they seem to have gone a bit quiet. :tumbleweed:

Only problem is that RS Tuning is a bit of a drive for me and I'm still not 100% convinced that they will be able to remap the ECUs as they seem to have gone a bit quiet. :tumbleweed:

I have no doubt they can do them, the problem is because they havent seen every variety of UK ECU, they dont have the re-written firmware to flash to it. That means that rather than doing one trip to have a flash and map, you end up having to make 2, one for the dump, then they send it off to the States for the modification to the firmware, then when that comes back (about 2 weeks I think they were quoting) you can go back and have it flashed and mapped. Thats the rub for me, would have to make 2 six hour round trip journeys rather than one. I am contemplating popping in on the way back from Scotland hoon though to get mine dumped which should save one trip :thumbs: