350Z ALUMINUM DOOR SILL KICK PLATES (Group Buy)

Beavis

Yeah I've been keeping my eye on this, and even went to the post office yesterday and made them stay after closing to try to tell me what's the issue. When we drop these parcesl off, we are prepaying the postage online and we retain a copy of the label/customs the post office for our files. I have this copy in my possession and I brought it with me yesterday. We use USPS ALL the time for international shipments, and have never had any issues - max time is always 10 days (though it's not a guaranteed service, it's still been reliable in the past). All the post office could suggest was that the parcel was missorted somewhere between their location and the airport, and as a result, caused delays. I'd expect it to be with you shortly though. I also contacted USPS's customer service # and asked them to run a trace, but was told it can take up to 23 working days (seems like an odd #!) to get a result...by which point you would surely have the parcel. I'll keep after it on my end as well.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are in the UK :thumbs:

Label/Receipt Number: CV00 8395 281U S

Class: Priority Mail International Parcels

Service(s): International Parcels

Your item arrived in GREAT BRITAIN at 8:58 AM on August 26, 2009. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Enter Label/Receipt Number.

Enter Label / Receipt Number.

Detailed Results:

Arrived Abroad, August 26, 2009, 8:58 am, GREAT BRITAIN

International Dispatch, August 20, 2009, 8:35 pm, FOREIGN CENTERJERSEY CITY NJ 099

Arrival

Electronic Shipping Info Received, August 10, 2009

I agree, it's madness. I had an investigation opened on this end but the woman on the phone was none to helpful. In all the years we've used USPS (going back to like 2001!) I've only ever had 1 other shipment with this issue...and it was sent around the same time as these were, and also going to the UK.

That being said, check the latest scan

Detailed Results:

Attempted Delivery Abroad, August 29, 2009, 6:17 am, GREAT BRITAIN

I think that means it's at the post office, so if they are opened on Sundays, maybe it can be collected? I'm just hoping the box is in good shape and it's not too beaten up after the extended vacation it's been on

Attempted Delivery Abroad, August 29, 2009, 6:17 am, GREAT BRITAIN Normally means that the customs letter has been sent out.

My package seems to be moving smoothly though Adam :teeth:

Think you're right Ian. Also my rails came so quick, they beat a delivery made in the UK for next day, which took longer than the rails from the US! :lol: Win some, lose some I guess. I dont mind how long they take as long as its in good shape :)

Hello everyone :teeth: guess what? the kick plates are now in my possession :yahoo:

Now for the logistical nightmare of getting these sent out. I have to make up individual boxes to put these in, and its gonna take some time and a lot of cardboard and bubble wrap :scare: So please be patient with me ;)

First of all i need all your addresses apart from Ian, so please PM me.

Secondly, i know that Ian will be at Castle Coombe saturday. So if any of the purchasers know someone who is attending the show then maybe they could arrange to have the kick plates picked up on their behalf.

Here's a breakdown of the cost:-16 kickplates @ £62 each = £992 (from all members)

Paid Adam = £849.05 ($1354)

Custom fees = +£55.44 ( Big thanks To Adam for that :thumbs: could of been a hell of a lot more)

So total of Adam and customs = £904.49

Leaving me with £87.51 to post out a possible 14 packages

which works out at £6.25 per set for P&P and insurance!!

Hopefully that should be ok, but like i said it would be great if some of these could be hand delivered instead of posted.

I'm still looking for confirmation of addresses to send these out. So all those who haven't given me their address then could you do so soon please.

The names remaining are:-

Chris I

DMZ33

D350Z

carboncoops

Taybwoy

Dragonball

Looking to start sending these out today, but as i have to find a lot of cardboard to box these up i am struggling a little.

So if any of you are in close contact with any other members in this group buy , then it would help if i could package 2 or 3 kick plate sets together and send them to one address.

Your cooperation will be greatly appreciated thanks.

Any thoughts on the above idea? Also, Ian is going to CS's open day in a few weeks so if anyone is going there that can pick them up that would be good.

Still waiting for addresses, and i'm holding back posting until they are all confirmed. If i can send 2 or 3 out in one parcel that will save a lot of packing and a bit of money.

I have posted one out today and that is on its way to Lamby :yahoo: . It cost £5.41 not first class but standard parcel insured and could take 3 to 4 working days!! This is within budget, but like i said it is a nightmare trying to find the cardboard to package them securely. I've managed

to package 4 so far using the box that Adam sent them out in. Thats all gone now so i'm scavenging the local supermarket later on tonight :ninja:;)