Seat Repair....................?

Jak

Hi,

I'm new here and will hopefully be picking up my first 350z on saturday morning after coming from a swift gti! (a good one, not a tatty chavved up effort i must add! ;) )

Anyway..... Its a 53plate (33,000 miles) Gunetal grey GT pack with upgrade alezan leather. Unfortunatly the drivers seat has a bit of a nasty mark on the back (lower back area) Ideally i would want the panel replaced but i rang nissan and they only sell the cover with the pad at a stonking 1500 quid! :scare:

This leads to the next best question........... do any of you know of a good company who can supply a new panel/ do a repair? Its a shame because it seems to be the only blemish on the car :(

Many Thanks

Jak

Hi,

I'm new here and will hopefully be picking up my first 350z on saturday morning after coming from a swift gti! (a good one, not a tatty chavved up effort i must add! ;) )

Anyway..... Its a 53plate (33,000 miles) Gunetal grey GT pack with upgrade alezan leather. Unfortunatly the drivers seat has a bit of a nasty mark on the back (lower back area) Ideally i would want the panel replaced but i rang nissan and they only sell the cover with the pad at a stonking 1500 quid! :scare:

This leads to the next best question........... do any of you know of a good company who can supply a new panel/ do a repair? Its a shame because it seems to be the only blemish on the car :(

Many Thanks

Jak

by a mark, what exactly do you mean? A scuff, tear, stain or something else?

:welcome: by the way!

Thanks for the warm welcome and suggestions so far!

As far as a retrim goes i would rather not as i really like the Alezan orange and also mine has the gearstick, handbrake and steering wheel in it too - so would be a major retrim!

anyways on to the piccy's

1071716-1-1.jpg

1071716-2-1.jpg

1071716-4.jpg

Nissan_350Z_0021.jpg

Nissan_350Z_0011.jpg

Jak

Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:28 pm Reply with quote

that looks like blood

was the last drive shot in it?

HPI didnt highlight it........... :p

It does look like an ink stain but the dealer has described it as the "colour has been rubbed away"

Will be collecting on saturday anyway (so long as all else is ok) so will be able to have a better look then (havnt actually seen the car yet, have a small refundable deposit on it - its in newcastle i'm in buckingham!)

Pic of my old gti (and brothers Navara!) incase anyone was interested!

DSC06270-1.jpg

nowt to worry about but get dealer to discount it for you. Subject to what the stain is from or if its rubbed away the top pigmented skin you can get Gliptone to mix up a matched coulour dye and treatment or if not you will be able to clean it up. try water on a damp rag first to see what comes off then let us know so we can go to stage 2 cleaning.

Nice car mate!

I believe me and you are both taking ownership of two very similar Z's on saturday. Im travelling from dumfries scotland to Derby. So we may even cross paths in our shiny new motors if you take the M6. Il be sure to flash and wave =)

good look with the seat :thumbs:

Have you bought it from a dealer ?

Yeah, not a nissan dealer though its at a lexus dealer - they must have got in part ex with something, why do you ask?

Nice car mate!

I believe me and you are both taking ownership of two very similar Z's on saturday. Im travelling from dumfries scotland to Derby. So we may even cross paths in our shiny new motors if you take the M6. Il be sure to flash and wave =)

good look with the seat

Ha ha thanks mate, just how similar? Will keep an eye out for ya!

PM sent Jack!

Cheers mate

Jak

Nice car mate!

good look with the seat

Ha ha thanks mate, just how similar? Will keep an eye out for ya!

Jak

ha, 53 plate gun metal grey GT with rays =)