toyota IQ - its odd but it works!

stanski

My mate at work recently took delivery of this little chap! Little bit of info in case you are considering something like this?

He only needs a small car for short trips to work and settled on this after his 5 year old Astra coupe blew up its engine -(2.2 petrol engine - Avoid!) :surrender:

The IQ has a 1 litre engine (just under I think)- 5 gears - most of the time 3rd is more than enough. It can turn in its own body length and is pretty swift - which surprised me when he took me for a run in it!

Its pretty well screwed together as Toyota stuff is. Enough headroom for someone with a top hat. Tax exempt and he thinks it will average 50mpg no matter the drive.

Sod all luggage space in the back - my MR2 roadster had 500% more!!

Its really a 3 passenger car plus luggage - the rear seats fold down as required.

Its odd looking as its as tall and wide as a Toyota Verso or Corrola but sideways it sooooo short! They actually look great in white but there is a 3 month waiting list so he got a black one instead which also looks cool!

You get a tin of foam in case of a flat .

Compared to a Smart car I think it piddles on them!

Its crying out for a custom car make over is'nt it!! B):teeth: (although someone has already customised one - cant find it online though? yellow with huge arches! ) :teeth:

Bxa550cZxF.jpg

7A6ducK7PZ.jpg

RO2Nf6BkUm.jpg

Interior colours - unusual but seem to work.

F8DpRdlmLt.jpg

Bit Flash gordon - no exterior radio just a slot for CD's on the dash somewhere!

4SIYNuPZHN.jpg

You could probably fit a kebab down the back luggage area! :doh:

q4nROm9N18.jpg

The engine I am told is somewhere in here?

ncij8IpRTi.jpg

It's a poncy version of the Aygo, nothing more really. Aygo has the same engine, is lighter, has more room inside, and really isn't that much bigger. It's also a good few grand cheaper.

I know where my money would be going.

Well I like Toyota build quality but they really have not made anything that is interesting - and what have they dont to the new Avensis - I mean the old one was boring but rock solid (we had one once) but the new one looks like its a cross between a volvo and mitsubishi of some sort!

To be fair I dont mind the IQ - I dont like the Aygo but its just so weird looking it works - then again I love the Nissan Cube! :lol: