Wax reccomendations

Richie

Hi all,

Ive been using Pete's '53 from CG, but my wax pot is starting to look a bit bare. So im now considering what to replace it with ^^

Choices are atm, CG 50/50 paste wax or something from the dodo juice range. Its a GM car so something that gives good results on the lighter cars would be good.

reccomendations....

Also, anyone used EZ creme or other pre wax glazes? views on these...

I normally use Jetseal 109 to seal it every so often, so im just after something between this and wax if its worth bothering with?

Out of the dodo I'd suggest the generic hard or soft waxes then ie Rainforest Rub or Hard Candy.

If you have slightly bigger budgets go for the Supernatural which is very good on that colour (see the CSL thread from my IOM posts as used supernatural on that :))

I do have panel pots in stock in my webshop and they're £15 each and will do a 350z about 4 times I'd say as a try out?

The CSL pics looked good.

Tim, would you suggest the generic waxes over something like the light fantastic? I saw Ho got some very nice results using supernatural and then light fantastic over the top.

The CSL pics looked good.

Tim, would you suggest the generic waxes over something like the light fantastic? I saw Ho got some very nice results using supernatural and then light fantastic over the top.

Cheers, glad you liked them :D

Personally I would possibly choose a more generic wax as you can use it on more than 1 colour of vehicle. The light fantastic is good for specific shades but you'd not want to use it on a black car LOL.

Guess I'm saying you have more flexibility with the generic ones, but so does the supernatural (although higher up the price range)

Depends if you want a hard or a soft wax? I have to say the Dodo's are good. For a hard wax (and long lasting finish) Collinite has a good following and as Mike said P21S / R222 is a great wet look soft wax.

Also depends if you are using a sealant before hand.....

I've found that with GM or Twilight Grey as it's now called a shine is a shine. I originally used Autoglym SRP followed by EGP and it looked fabulous. I have also used a tin of Colinite concours wax but that's a sod to use. I have P21s but It does not improve on the Autoglym combo and I have a bottle of Chemical Guys wet look gunk that smells like bananas and looks green. The truth is that my Azure 350z looked a whole lot better for the wax products than my grey z as you could really build up a depth to the shine. The lighter cars are harder to improve with more layers. I always do one side first at each stage so I can see the before and after and with my grey car I'm often left wondering if there is a difference. The rewards seem less with a lighter car :( Oh and the Chemical Guys wet dream finish lasted about a week and now water doesn't bead at all. So tomorrow I'm back to P21s (soft wax) and a layer of EGP to seal the shine. EGP lasts for about a month:) I hope this helps.

I've found that with GM or Twilight Grey as it's now called a shine is a shine. I originally used Autoglym SRP followed by EGP and it looked fabulous. I have also used a tin of Colinite concours wax but that's a sod to use. I have P21s but It does not improve on the Autoglym combo and I have a bottle of Chemical Guys wet look gunk that smells like bananas and looks green. The truth is that my Azure 350z looked a whole lot better for the wax products than my grey z as you could really build up a depth to the shine. The lighter cars are harder to improve with more layers. I always do one side first at each stage so I can see the before and after and with my grey car I'm often left wondering if there is a difference. The rewards seem less with a lighter car :( Oh and the Chemical Guys wet dream finish lasted about a week and now water doesn't bead at all. So tomorrow I'm back to P21s (soft wax) and a layer of EGP to seal the shine. EGP lasts for about a month:) I hope this helps.

How old is the car and how swirly is the paint? The single biggest improvement I got to shine on my GM was to machine polish it. P21S made it nice and glossy but didnt last long. Dodo Supernatral gives it just as much depth as P21S did, but also brings out the flecks a lot more and lasts a lot longer. I never found EGP to do either of these. Saying that, its only in really sunny conditions that you notice it :thumbs:

My car is only 6 months old and there is no sign of swirl at all, it looks really shiny. At the moment is has got 2 coats of P21s (one week apart) and a coat of this: http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/sealants/ ... d_339.html

I wait with interest to see how the Dodo Juice Supernatural looks on a GM car. I find it is a law of diminishing returns with the lighter colour. Kuru, Ebisu and Azure really reward their owners with a brilliant finish once waxed. On the good side, my car looks reasonably clean for longer than my Azure did.

Damien.

My car is only 6 months old and there is no sign of swirl at all, it looks really shiny. At the moment is has got 2 coats of P21s (one week apart) and a coat of this: http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/sealants/ ... d_339.html

I wait with interest to see how the Dodo Juice Supernatural looks on a GM car. I find it is a law of diminishing returns with the lighter colour. Kuru, Ebisu and Azure really reward their owners with a brilliant finish once waxed. On the good side, my car looks reasonably clean for longer than my Azure did.

Damien.

Fair enough, but unless its been machine polished, I find it hard to believe no swirls in Nissans paint :surrender: I picked up the GFs new car at the weekend (09 plate, just landed when we got it) and it had swirls on it already! :scare:

Agree, GM is not really a colour you can add depth to with wax. Best you can achieve is a glossy finish with nice fleck "pop". You wont get as near as deep a finish as a dark colour, but hey it hides the swirls and muck well! :teeth:

It may well have been machine polished because it had a card from a pro detailer / valeter on the passenger seat when I got it from the dealer. It felt amazing like it had been clayed etc.

I must try to get my flecks to pop this weekend :)

How old is the car and how swirly is the paint? The single biggest improvement I got to shine on my GM was to machine polish it. P21S made it nice and glossy but didnt last long. Dodo Supernatral gives it just as much depth as P21S did, but also brings out the flecks a lot more and lasts a lot longer. I never found EGP to do either of these. Saying that, its only in really sunny conditions that you notice it :thumbs:

Come on Chris, you know a wax can only put a finish on what has been done before. EGP is just a sealant before the wet look of the wax. A finishing wax (soft) is a different beast and isn't really there for protection. :)

Come on Chris, you know a wax can only put a finish on what has been done before. EGP is just a sealant before the wet look of the wax. A finishing wax (soft) is a different beast and isn't really there for protection. :)

But with DD SN you can have a nice ground between ultra hard wearing waxes (Collinite) and gloss of soft wax (P21S). It really has to be tried to be beleived. I think it gives just as much gloss/wet look as P21S but is far harder wearing :thumbs: