Bought a new 350 - small problem

OK I may have just answered that part of the question and raised another, I just googled the codes and it came back as follows:

P1065 ECM Power Supply Heater

Still have no idea what that means though!! :)

ZMANALEX will know - try a pm ;)

Not that either means anything to me but all I can say is that the light only comes on when the car is warm, if I stop for petrol/stop in a shop and switch the car off for 2 or 3 minutes and restart the light appears, it never appears when cold started.

Very strange but I am sure it means something to somebody.

BTW somebody mentioned signing up for a meet in Bristol, is there a section dedicated to that?

OK I may have just answered that part of the question and raised another, I just googled the codes and it came back as follows:

Geee thanks Colin :lol:

The codes that you are getting are inconclusive and I would suggest dropping into your nearest Nissan Centre and ask them to plug in there hand held code reader and pull the codes.

Also ask them to give you a print out of the codes stored and archived before they delete them.

Any friendly Nissan Centre should do this for you without a prior appointment or monetery charge.

I am asumming that you do not have a code reader.

The codes that you are pulling manually:

Generic DTC defininition for 065 or 0065 is Air Assisted Injector Control Range / Performance.

Nissan Specific DTC Values for 1065 is ECM Power Supply.

Okay, now we have a code (1065) and a DTC Value but that is not much help as that covers a multitude of potential issues so you really require to follow my recomendation and get your fault codes read properly.

Once you have them then post them up or pm me and I will talk you through the fix.

Below explains what I am trying say regarding where the potential issues lie, but relax because this is not serious or expensive unless your ECU, BCM or IPDM is on its way out but this is highly unlikely as when they fail they usually fail completely.

Electronic Control Modules are subsystems consisting of CPUs and assorted signal inputs and outputs dedicated to controlling a component within the vehicle. They range in complexity from an Engine Control Unit which handles the logic for managing the power-train system efficiency, to an Anti-lock Braking (ABS) Control unit that monitors vehicle speed and brake fluid, to a simple body module that controls the automatic door locks or power windows. In many cases, these modules communicate to each other through such protocols as CAN, LIN, J1850, and J1959.

Hope this helps.

Alex. :thumbs:

Geee thanks Colin :lol:

The codes that you are getting are inconclusive and I would suggest dropping into your nearest Nissan Centre and ask them to plug in there hand held code reader and pull the codes.

Also ask them to give you a print out of the codes stored and archived before they delete them.

Any friendly Nissan Centre should do this for you without a prior appointment or monetery charge.

I am asumming that you do not have a code reader.

The codes that you are pulling manually:

Generic DTC defininition for 065 or 0065 is Air Assisted Injector Control Range / Performance.

Nissan Specific DTC Values for 1065 is ECM Power Supply.

Okay, now we have a code (1065) and a DTC Value but that is not much help as that covers a multitude of potential issues so you really require to follow my recomendation and get your fault codes read properly.

Once you have them then post them up or pm me and I will talk you through the fix.

Below explains what I am trying say regarding where the potential issues lie, but relax because this is not serious or expensive unless your ECU, BCM or IPDM is on its way out but this is highly unlikely as when they fail they usually fail completely.

Electronic Control Modules are subsystems consisting of CPUs and assorted signal inputs and outputs dedicated to controlling a component within the vehicle. They range in complexity from an Engine Control Unit which handles the logic for managing the power-train system efficiency, to an Anti-lock Braking (ABS) Control unit that monitors vehicle speed and brake fluid, to a simple body module that controls the automatic door locks or power windows. In many cases, these modules communicate to each other through such protocols as CAN, LIN, J1850, and J1959.

Hope this helps.

Alex. :thumbs:

Having dropped that one on you Alex I'll see you right at the bar on the Hoon in September :lol: - but top man for the answer, most of which goes way over my head but if that don't help phinnies1 out nothing will! :thumbs:

I woulda typed that ^^^^^^^ if I'd had the time.

Or knew WTF any of it meant! :lol:

Nice one Alex.

Thanks so much for your help guys, especially Alex, its great to find a place like this.

Will pop down to dealership tomorrow although from my experience (having had Nissans for the last 9 years) they are not that friendly ! :lol:

Thanks so much for your help guys, especially Alex, its great to find a place like this.

Will pop down to dealership tomorrow although from my experience (having had Nissans for the last 9 years) they are not that friendly ! :lol:

Just sent you PM :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all of your help guys, problem has been sorted, took a while to diagnose it but the cause of the problem was a wire (again I dont profess to understand the problem but apparently there is a memory wire which goes from the diagnosis plug to the ECU which had been somehow disconnected.) A very small but quite costly problem but at least its sorted and all is good. Did 500 miles over the weekend to Download festival via Reading and she drove like a dream.