Front Bumper Removal

BladesGrant

How hard is it to remove the front bumper? I want to replace the front bumper reflectors as mine has the cheap looking refectors with some blue LED lights but the majority of them don't work. Looks a bit naff without them working, seen some nice onces with better LEDs that I might replace them with as think the look of LEDs in there would be good.

Thanks.

You don't have to remove the bumper completely to replace the reflectors. Just take out the bolts at the bottom of the wheel arches, move the liners aside to get access to the three bolts holding the bumper to the wing, remove the six bodywork clips along the top of the bumper and slide it forward far enough to get to the reflectors. Doesn't take long - did mine last week in about 40 minutes all in. :thumbs:

You don't have to remove the bumper completely to replace the reflectors. Just take out the bolts at the bottom of the wheel arches, move the liners aside to get access to the three bolts holding the bumper to the wing, remove the six bodywork clips along the top of the bumper and slide it forward far enough to get to the reflectors. Doesn't take long - did mine last week in about 40 minutes all in. :thumbs:

Jim,

I think the UK cars with washer reservoirs can be aa little more problematic

Jim,

I think the UK cars with washer reservoirs can be aa little more problematic

The JDM has a washer reservoir on the driver's side, and it is fairly straightforward to get access.

Getting them from an American company called Z store. They are up for 179.95 USD. Look way cooler than my current ones and I am a sucker for flashy lights!!! Also seen some new Z emblems with LEDs in. They do a similar one to the Z4 where the indicator light i sbehind but not as keen on that as they are on the Z4!!! Will get som pictures up once I have it all sorted, need my wallet to get a bit fatter first as only just bought the car.

Got a picture of them but not sure how to put pictures up yet!!! Having a dumb moment!!!

Most of us have those moments, as I did recently - this link might help to post up a quick pic or two which is good alternative to using photobucket or similar for bulk posting ;)

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=23129

Follow what Chesterfield says and that should crack it. :)

I have found them for 128.95 USD for a pair. Thats about £80 I think at the moment. They also do some that change colour around the outside of the Z and look a little 3D, they are 299.95 USD. Think they would be a good addition to any Z.

• 2 weeks later...

The Z emblems have been ordered as well as the new reflectors. Will post some pictures once I have fitted or be back on saying I hve screwed things up as this will be my first attempt at modding myself. Also ordered the K&N typhoon kit that I am going to attemp to fit myself. Again will post pictures once fitted or post when I have completly buggered things up and need someone to dig me out of a big hole!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: