The Autobahn - Friend or Foe?

Danny 350Z

I took a little trip down the autobahn yesterday to uplift the wife's engagement ring from Hannover. It was a beautilful Saturday morning and the Zed was shining nicely after her weekly clean.

I was behind an Audi A5 through the city which conveniently pulled onto the autobahn; to which i thought 'this may be a little taster and competition to the Zed power!'. Needless to say at 130mph he pulled over and allowed me to pass, to which I continued to 150mph and bottled it! :scare::scare: I've never owned nor driven a car like the 350z before having owned and driven a Honda HRV "Joy Machine" for 7 years, it's certainly an eye opener!!!

I love my Zed :teeth::teeth:

Peace!

lol im sure i speak on behalf of everyone on the forum when i say im jealous of ur motorway system...

It's not mine, brother! I'm a Brit serving in the forces out here (We're here as a throw back from WW2!). I'm looking foward to the return to 70mph heaven :lol:

you only had another 5MPH to the limiter ;)

did you get into 6th or keep it in 5th?

I was in 6th. Is is limited at 155mph? The world seemed to be moving at a rapid rate of knots!! All I was thinking about was a blow job!!!!!!!! :scare:

Bit dangerous at that speed, is it not?

Ha ha Jim, I never stop thinking about those "blow outs" ;)

Yes - to be serious, it is a frightening thought, especially when I read recently that some of the tyres we think are new can have been lying on a shelf for years before we buy them! :scare:

on a private road, my speedo read 165mph on a slight down hill stretch, does that mean my limiter has been removed? has anybody hit the limiter? or is the limiter set to GPS speed, as 165 on speedo would roughly equate to 155 GPS.

Car felt very stable and planted to road at this speed.

on a private road, my speedo read 165mph on a slight down hill stretch, does that mean my limiter has been removed? has anybody hit the limiter? or is the limiter set to GPS speed, as 165 on speedo would roughly equate to 155 GPS.

It probably means your speedo is in the 'up to 10% out' category like the rest of us. ;)

Actual speed and indicated speed are often two very different things. Test it when you're on the motorway and you have a passenger. There are mile markers all down our motorways, set the cruise to 60mph and see if it takes a minute to get to the next marker. It won't be exactly 1 minute. :)

you only had another 5MPH to the limiter ;)

did you get into 6th or keep it in 5th?

I was in 6th. Is is limited at 155mph? The world seemed to be moving at a rapid rate of knots!! All I was thinking about was a blow out!!!!!!!! :scare:

Nice when it goes all smooth at 130ish hey!! gets a little twitchy at 145 though.... (Done under supervision at millbrook before anyone thinks I have been doing those speeds on the UK roads!)

It probably means your speedo is in the 'up to 10% out' category like the rest of us. ;)

Actual speed and indicated speed are often two very different things. Test it when you're on the motorway and you have a passenger. There are mile markers all down our motorways, set the cruise to 60mph and see if it takes a minute to get to the next marker. It won't be exactly 1 minute. :)

Or if you have a GPS unit with speed displayed you'll see a difference. I notice a difference between my digital readout and conventional speedo. A bit of that could be paralax error though...

Or if you have a GPS unit with speed displayed you'll see a difference. I notice a difference between my digital readout and conventional speedo. A bit of that could be paralax error though...

+1 to that! Although my digital speedo was only 2 mph out compared to sat nav, and that was at my toppo speed of 154 B):scare:

Traffic on ze autobahn was my limiter!

160mph on the digital.....mine is the 309 tho...guess it could do 170mph easy....it felt perfect!!! Was doing that speed floored out for about 5mins till i run out of motorway...and that included some light bends!!! :teeth:

Same speed in my Maserati spyder 4200gt for a few seconds gave me the few gray hair i ve got!!! :scare::lol:

That however pulled immensely all the way to 185mph....if you was stupid enough.... :thumbdown:

I love the German motorways!!! :#1::thumbs::yahoo: