Toyos - major problem

Gurjeet

Hey Gurjeet,

Glad they have admitted full liability! I don't think a refurb will compromise the wheels but the fact is you have to go to the hassle of leaving your with them again.....any small compensation?

.....don't let them do anything else to your car as compensation. No free services... :headhurt:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

toyos have a great knack of feeling terrible when first fitted, i had it on my old car when i had some, thought the tyre walls were like jelly.

reason is the release agent that they put in the moulds when they make the tyres. takes about 400 miles to wear away. just take it steady till you've used a full tank of fuel with them.

Its not really just toyo's, its any new tyres.. They all need a few miles to "bed in"

Just back from dealer. Service manager was there, took one look, apologised, said they would take care of all damage immediately, going back on monday to agree on solution and timescale. Very decent about it. On one hand happy, on the other I was spoiling for a fight.

My question - will this affect the wheels long term if they are refurbed? I assume this will be the solution offered to me on monday.

at least they are on the back foot. Don't back down until your entirely happy

I never had a problem with toyos' even when first fitted.

• 2 weeks later...

finally got the car back. alloys refurbed for the second time but looking good. somewhat of an irritating experience but glad its sorted. not sure i am going to go back to them again. initially they accepted responsibility, then denied it, then accepted again. I do not appreciate being given the runaround.

no freebies, was so fed up in the end just wanted to get it sorted. Just back from a long trip to nottingham and back, went to see the cricket at trent bridge. Tyres have now bedded in, they really are quite good. excellent handling in the wet.