Knob Pic

Grantmitchell

Hi All

Ok my background is Minis and every new mini owner has to rush out and buy a Whalen Shift Machine < have a look at the gallery on his site to see some of the designs he has done in the past. They are beautifully weighted with a plenty of weight at the top to give it a positive throw.

Anyway spoke to Doug today about making me one for the Z and he is interested, but he required the thread pitch and the length of the shaft and a good pic of the shaft with the knob removed. Does anyone have this info to hand?? If so post in this thread as my Z is away just now so cant check it. I believe from searching ebay that its an M10 thread but will await confirmation.

In the past I have organised group buys for these so if we get one knocked up and working perfectly then I will organise something similar again

Cheers

Mart

i tried tugging mine off a recently, but it was so hard it just wouldn't budge, i'm going to grease it up next time to see if its easier to twist off. i can then fit a new shiney end on it. they last better as everytime you put your hands on it you polish as you grip it. i was going to change my big nissan one for a smaller greddy one, but would be interested to see what your special knob maker produces. and if his knob looks better than the one i plan to get, i might get one of his special knobs. :lol::blush:

did i get enough inuendos in there ;)

i tried tugging mine off a recently, but it was so hard it just wouldn't budge, i'm going to grease it up next time to see if its easier to twist off. i can then fit a new shiney end on it. they last better as everytime you put your hands on it you polish as you grip it. i was going to change my big nissan one for a smaller greddy one, but would be interested to see what your special knob maker produces. and if his knob looks better than the one i plan to get, i might get one of his special knobs. :lol::blush:

did i get enough inuendos in there ;)

It's obvious you spend too much time with kids! :lol::lol::lol:

Oh and I'll add a Todd from Scubs one...... In your endo!

You will get a more sensible response from one of the traders.Try CS or Chilli Red,they should have the info your after. :thumbs:

Sorry was enjoying this thread too much to take it serious.

What you want me or CS to divulge info that will take trade away from us. Boys really! Anyway, that far to

technical for me a mere female..... :)

Sorry was enjoying this thread too much to take it serious.

What you want me or CS to divulge info that will take trade away from us. Boys really! Anyway, that far to technical for me a mere female..... :)

Thats why I didnt approach any of the traders directly, Ill find the answer when I get the Z back I guess. Cheers :thumbs:

i think its 10 x 1.5

but it could be 10 x 1.75 or 10 x 1.25 its all a blur, have a flick through on ebay search specifically for 350z shifter knob and some of the big brand knobs have the thread size on the advert ;)

i think its 10 x 1.5

but it could be 10 x 1.75 or 10 x 1.25 its all a blur, have a flick through on ebay search specifically for 350z shifter knob and some of the big brand knobs have the thread size on the advert ;)

Damn!

Heard my email ping and thought

Great - more gratuitous innuendo!

:thumbdown:

:lol: