Tread Depth

srobrien

Just got a tread gauge and checked my bridgestones, they are reading between 3-4mm, I know the legal minimum is 1.6mm...do you recon it's time for new shoes? I only do around 200-300miles a month.

Hope not as its not a good time to be shelling out for tyres.

R

Just got a tread gauge and checked my bridgestones, they are reading between 3-4mm, I know the legal minimum is 1.6mm...do you recon it's time for new shoes? I only do around 200-300miles a month.

Hope not as its not a good time to be shelling out for tyres.

R

is that front or rear?

I'd say they were fine for the summer but I'd be looking for a new set around Sept/Oct..........

+1, im getting to a similar position soon on my fronts

+2 - loads of tread, just be careful of standing water and the Stones are lethal in the wet anyway! :surrender:

I'd say they were fine for the summer but I'd be looking for a new set around Sept/Oct..........

+1, im getting to a similar position soon on my fronts

+2 - loads of tread, just be careful of standing water and the Stones are lethal in the wet anyway! :surrender:

:thumbs:

Do yourself a favour and get new tyres, for safety,s sake!!! Mine had between 3-4mm of tread left and they were a contributing factor in my accident, if not, THE reason why i lost all grip :scare:

Low tread on high power cars is a recipe for disaster.

By the way, my car flew the mot last week, but the tester did comment about the rear tyres saying they would need replacing in a few thousand miles. Hindsight, if only

Do yourself a favour and get new tyres, for safety,s sake!!! Mine had between 3-4mm of tread left and they were a contributing factor in my accident, if not, THE reason why i lost all grip :scare:

Low tread on high power cars is a recipe for disaster.

By the way, my car flew the mot last week, but the tester did comment about the rear tyres saying they would need replacing in a few thousand miles. Hindsight, if only

Was it bridgestones that were on Steve?

must admit I'm on just under 3 mm tread. Took it out in the wet last night so my friends girlfriend could get an idea of what the cars like. It was fishtailing violently off 2 Roundabouts and not I. The controlled sense. And that was with traction control on. Scared myself slighty which isn't easily done. Got back to my mates house and no heat in the tyres what so ever. Stone cold. I could even wheel spin it at 40 if I put my footdown when already moving, and with traction on. Not a good sign. Looks like I need the new tyres now and not at the end of summer. It's made me think twice especially since Reading about Steve.

Id say that in some cars 4mm is fine but in a car as powerfull as this it could be tricky in the wet! Also check the side of the tread make sure its wearing evenly if it is great if not you never know on the inside edge you may be down to 2mm, def worth checking!

Also depends how you drove if you just coast to work and back or whatever 3.5mm is fine if you drive hard then of course you will notice a lack of grip

I had Goodyear eagle F1's on the back and generally have been really good. Well i did the Evo triangle, and where we could boot it the tyres held up well, not once stepping out of line. Unfortunately coming out of the roundabout i lost all grip and the outcome was there for all to see.