Some douche kicked my door in :(

anish

About a month or so after I bought my car some drunken fool decided to kick my driver side door leaving a horrible dent :(

It's been like that for about 3 months and I have finally gotten round to doing something about it! I've got a guy (http://www.fixadent.co.uk/) coming on Monday to get the dent out. He said that he will be able to get the dent out completely but close up you will probably be able to tell that the door has previously been dented.

Sorry for the poor quality pics... my mate took them on his camera phone.

Fingers crossed it'll look okay!

[attachment=2]photo.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=1]photo2.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=0]photo3.jpg[/attachment]

There is minor scuffing but, the paint hasn't cracked at all which is good.

I'll take proper before and after photos on Monday. I'm just a little worried that the dent guy might scratch the window as I have heard from a mate that they stuff a rod down between the window and the door. I have tints as well so I don't want him messing those up!!

The dent guy had a fiddle around for about half an hour and came to the conclusion that you couldn't rectify the dent as he suspects there is a strengthening bar across the door. Annoying as he reckons that I'll need a whole new door skin or a decent bodyshop to fix the damage which could be around £500ish :S

Top bloke from fixadent though!

It really is worth finding another paintless dent repair company to have a look as the first company I had look at a very similar dent, albeit about and inch and a half higher on the door, told me the metal was stretched so couldn't fix without a fill and paint the full door.

Got a guy out to the house and he fixed it within 30 minutes, I can't even see where the dent once was which I couldn't believe.

It's very worrying though when he is hammering with what looks like a chisel on the dent, it's made of some kind of wax and it was leaving small marks everytime he was doing it. I thought it was marking the paint for sure, but he polishes it when finished and you can't see a thing.

Good advice there on a 2nd opinion maxi :thumbs:

Lots of people look like they are about to have a heart attack when you bring out your hammer and tapdowns so often find myself explaining what im doing and why... so for those interested....

The chisel's referred to are "tap-downs" used to tap down high areas of the damage. When a dent is caused it will often move metal somewhere causing a high area/s usually surrounding the dent, especially if on areas such as bodylines etc. (Just like dropping a stone into sand would create a mound of sand around it, same principal)

This surrounding metal is formed in all sorts of shapes, sizes and severity but is trapped pressure that needs to be removed so that the dent can be removed without stretching the metal and so your not left with high areas of course!

Tap downs are normally made of certain types of plastic such as derlin, ultem etc. Believe it or not you can actually use a highly polished metal tap downs also which will not mark your paint as long as used correctly!

Used DENTCENTRAL(They're in the Yellow pages) for a dent on drivers door+rear hatch on wifes cooper s. Only took 1/2 an hour, £95 and you would never know they were there. Must agree with maxi, heart was in my mouth watching the guy tapping on the side of the car with a hammer and a tapdown(now i know what it's called).

• 2 months later...

Never rub another mans rhubarb , people who mess about with another persons car need locking up. A friend i know bought a jag cos he was dying of cancer it was his dream car (!) his dad had to drive him about in it in the end as he was so weak but that got keyed twice by some heartless moron. makes my blood froth.!! :angry: