Newbie--1day, need help

Hi

i picked up mey new 04 Z last night from a Nissan dealer(black gt, tan leather). Brilliant driving car although I have one major problem

When test driving i noticed a rattle from the suspension at the front. Dealer said they would sort. On picking the car up the rattle was still there so i reported it. Apparently they have checked botton suspension, anti roll bar bushes, track rod ends generally everything they can and cannot find anything wrong yet the rattle is still there.

To describe is difficult--not a heavy clunk just a continuous medium rattle which travels through the inside and is especially pronounced when going slowly over a gravel surface. The normal culprits(ball joints,bushings etc appear all tight)

anyone got any ideas :wacko: im at this stage :bang:

Otherwise a brilliant car

thanks guys

Exactly the same issues slow over gravel and you think the suspension is going to disintegrate its so rattley :headhurt:

took the car to am independant and he cannot find anything obvious either--clunk isnt the right description -more like a quick knocking even when steering isnt even touched--I initially thought top suspension mounts but nissan appear to have removed and refitted the brace so i assume that was to gain acess to the mounts to check

Thanks guys for your welcome :) and your speedy responses

I think i have the problem sorted myself--Wear(really minimum) in the bottom balljoint in the banana shaped link bar-nearly impossible to detect but can cause one hell of a rattle.

I will get some pics up next week--Am heading over to the big island this weekend :boat: (scot/eng/wales) :lol: Wouldnt want to leave anyone out

Im from Northern Ireland and the Z wouldnt be as common here :)

The initial impression of the car is very impressive,looks brilliant and goes very well ;):drive1

I will get some pics up next week--Am heading over to the big island this weekend :boat: (scot/eng/wales) :lol: Wouldnt want to leave anyone out

Im from Northern Ireland and the Z wouldnt be as common here :)

The initial impression of the car is very impressive,looks brilliant and goes very well ;):drive1

Joining us for the Wales run???