Aberdeen city council reach new low

srobrien

Yesterday my GF got a parking ticket when she parked on double yellows outside our flat. We have a private car park but it fills up quickly and if you don't get a space your pretty much screwed and parking on them overnight is the only option.

Anyway the parking ticket was given at 7AM!!!!!!!!!!!

Apparently the traffic wardens are now working 24hours a day!!!

What a bloody disgrace!

R :rant:

:angry: theres a car been parked in our private car park at work for nearly two weeks with no road tax disc ( taking up a much needed space!!! ) and no one can do anything about it as its in a private car park!!! the owner has been written to and asked to move it and thats as much as the authorities can do :rant:

Can you get parking permits for parking outside your house??

Im glad of my driveway!

+1! Nightmare trying to get parked in some places and agree that they are only there to generate revenue in a lot of cases :rant:

Dawn: You need to find yourself some friendly pikies. Tell them there is a car for the taking and they can make a few hundred quid in scrap metal and they'll be round quick sharp! ;)

Im glad of my driveway!

+1! Nightmare trying to get parked in some places and agree that they are only there to generate revenue in a lot of cases :rant:

Dawn: You need to find yourself some friendly pikies. Tell them there is a car for the taking and they can make a few hundred quid in scrap metal and they'll be round quick sharp! ;)

:lol::lol::thumbs:

Lol, im the same the situation gets so bad your left with no option.

My neighbour currently has 3 cars! one of which is a clapped out rover with a blown head so its been sat there for the past 3 months taking up a space. Im biding my time for the tax to run out so I can grass him up :lol::lol:

I'd like to see him get an MOT on THAT!

Currently looking at moving house anyway, hopefully sooner than later, the city is begining to P me off big time.

R

:angry: theres a car been parked in our private car park at work for nearly two weeks with no road tax disc ( taking up a much needed space!!! ) and no one can do anything about it as its in a private car park!!! the owner has been written to and asked to move it and thats as much as the authorities can do :rant:

Push it out on to the public roads then call the police.

Deny all knowledge of how it got there.

+1 on the driveway.

Bought my house 2 years ago and what a difference having my own driveway & garage.

It's not only the lack of parking spaces / yellow lines I was worried about but more the numpties who decide to run over the top of your car on the way home from a night out :angry:

+1 on the driveway.

Bought my house 2 years ago and what a difference having my own driveway & garage.

It's not only the lack of parking spaces / yellow lines I was worried about but more the numpties who decide to run over the top of your car on the way home from a night out :angry:

Too true, Albyn Lane is a wing mirror graveyard on a Sunday morning.

Push it out on to the public roads then call the police.

Deny all knowledge of how it got there.

+1 and done that on the moving an unauthorized parker - use a trolly jack if its locked - discreetly of course ;)

And no you can't get a parking permit for outside your house (on the public highway), although if you are registered disabled most Councils will consider applications for a dedicated space as near to your property as possible but if then its taken by another disabled badge holder you are stuffed :dry:

+1 on the driveway.

Too true, Albyn Lane is a wing mirror graveyard on a Sunday morning.

I still own a flat in Whitehall Road so not far from there. Nice area of town but that doesn't seem to make any difference.

We used to own a flat near the University.... luckily it had a garage, but I used to see some sights walking to work (wing mirrors, scratches, abandoned trolleys full of empties... :headhurt: ) I'm sure you all can imagine - not just drunks, but STUDENT drunks, ten times worse :lol:

Bought current house just over two years ago and extended the loc-bloc driveway so that it can now hold about 6 cars at a push and also built a double garage :D

Parking issues are by far the biggest contentious issue between neighbours!