Ferrari to quit F1 ?

Beavis

Cry Babies....... we cant play football so we are taking our ball back... MopHeaded one will cut a deal, FIA will change the rules, fence sitters will bring their ball back.....

Just cant win against good old british engineering and a british driver... again!

For once, I'm going to agree with Ferrari on this one. Does anyone really want to see a pikey version of F1, 'cos that's where it's headed with caps on spending, no refuelling etc. F1 always used to be about the pinnacle of motorsport engineering: Getting the car to go as quickly as possible, with the most grip and the most control. The last few years have seen the sport deviate from that, and I don't want to see cars with ridiculously strict limits imposed. If they want to save money like that, why not just give them all a bunch of road cars, a fresh £20 note each and a bucket of paint so we can tell them apart?

I want an F1 that pushes the very boundaries of what is technically possible, not one that is governed by a rudimentary sum of money.

But we also want an F1 where we dont get the same 1 or 2 teams winning year after year.

The only reason the field is as mixed as it is this year is due to the new rules and the interpretation of them from the various teams. Without a budget cap, next year will return to exactly the same mclaren/ferrari shootout again.

But a sudden drop to £40M may be bit harsh considering they have run on more than ten times that last season.

But we also want an F1 where we dont get the same 1 or 2 teams winning year after year.

Agreed, but with the current proposals we'd end up with a two-tier system anyway, more or less the same result.

I just hope that Ferrari, Toyota and Red Bull all pull out and others follow, and then we can watch Bernie's empire crumple around him. Horrible little man, he's only desperate for the money side of it all and cares not a jot about the actual racing. Let the teams decide what they want to do, not one crusty old git.

Ferrari always do this when they don't agree with something. A compromise will be found as neither F1 or Ferrari can live without the other. Some sort of budget cap needs to be found, just look at how the budgets have soared in recent years. It's interesting this season to see how the big teams can't "buy" themselves out of their predicament & will give some of the other teams the chance to attract sponsorship. Ferrari are making mistakes which has got nothing to do with money but a lack of real leadership.

I dont think exiting F1 would do Ferrari that much harm. They dont need F1 to sell their cars, they have earned the reputation and image that the badge cunjours up.

But F1 without Ferrari would certainly be a blow to the Max and Bernie show.

I think this will have to go Ferraris way for the sake of F1 itself.

I dont think exiting F1 would do Ferrari that much harm. They dont need F1 to sell their cars, they have earned the reputation and image that the badge cunjours up.

But F1 without Ferrari would certainly be a blow to the Max and Bernie show.

I think this will have to go Ferraris way for the sake of F1 itself.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Ferrari to go, but its not going to happen. Max and Bernie may have to beg in the end, but they aren't going anyway...

Gaz

Well, I won't be entering if they don't have that 40 million cap. I wouldn't have enough money left to wipe my bum if I have to spend any more. I've told my close personal friend Max that I won't be spanking his chubby little arse anymore either if it doesn't go ahead.

Ferrari or a damn good thrashing... you know which way he's going to go ;)

They should have left it as it was, for years they have ****ed about with the rules and regs. Last year was one of the best overall in recent years for racing with the winners been Mclaren, Ferrari, Bmw, Renault and Torro Rosso. The only change for this year should have been the slick tyres. F1 is and should be the pinacle of motorsport, if the FIA dont want it to be then they should just race production cars. Instead of this dam meddling all the time :dry: