anyone with K1 exhaust i can have a listen to?

hotrain69

hi guys, just wondering if anyone around herts, north or west london have k1 exhaust that i can have a listen to? need to decide if it's too loud. as no point having one if i cant hear my music after spending loads on headunit subs and amps!

cheers

It's not that loud, don't worry! Even with the bungs out I could happily hear the Bose over the exhaust, roof up or down.

:surrender::surrender:

I think you need your hearing checked mate :lol:

Seriously though when im driving i have to turn my stereo up to the point where its too loud :surrender:

But I do remember taking a phone call via Bluetooth whilst on the A14 and pressing down on the loud pedal.

When I spoke to the person that rang me, I was told all they could hear their end was a buzzing sound and not my voice.

And no, I wasn't doing a hornet, wasp or honeybee impression...

I'm in South London, Croydon if you are round this way. I've got a ragtop and the K1 with bungs in doesn't drown the music but you can still hear the rasp. Without bungs is a totally different experience, too loud and reverberating right through the seat into my back!

I'm in South London, Croydon if you are round this way. I've got a ragtop and the K1 with bungs in doesn't drown the music but you can still hear the rasp. Without bungs is a totally different experience, too loud and reverberating right through the seat into my back!

YHTM..Put your name down for the Crystal Palace mini-meet!!

Jerry :thumbs:

YHTM..Put your name down for the Crystal Palace mini-meet!!

Jerry :thumbs:

+1, will be a few there :thumbs: , sounds awesome :teeth:

They are completely different in a ragtop to a coupe.

The noise inside is a fair bit louder on a couple, so i would honestly say you need to listen to one before deciding...

Wales next weekend would be an ideal way to see a few different ones in action.

With my buddyclub i have a fair stereo in the car now and i9 have to have it LOUD for it to be distinct over the exhaust even just cruising.

Bear in mind that mine's a ragtop, the noise may well reverberate differently in a tintop but I still maintain it's nowhere near that extreme. Pop the bungs in and it's very sociable.

+1. my sub & amp are disconnected at the minute and I can still listen to my music easily. even with the bungs out its not a problem. mind you, listening to the K1 is more entertaining anyway ;)

I'm driving to the post office at lunchtime, if you listen carefully you'll probably be able to hear it. The bungs are in, so you might need to open a window or go outside..........

I've pretty much kept the bungs in since I got it, several people have commented that its a nicer noise with them in and I agree. Had a nice drive yesterday from Aberdeen - Arbroath, about 50 miles, and found it very pleasant around 3k rpm, on the way up the revs its louder but on cruise at 3k its easily liveable. Above 5k is mad! I found a lot of rattles when I took the bungs out, the cubby hole would pop open without touching it aswell, due to vibrations. Maybe thats just me.

I'm driving to the post office at lunchtime, if you listen carefully you'll probably be able to hear it. The bungs are in, so you might need to open a window or go outside..........

I've pretty much kept the bungs in since I got it, several people have commented that its a nicer noise with them in and I agree. Had a nice drive yesterday from Aberdeen - Arbroath, about 50 miles, and found it very pleasant around 3k rpm, on the way up the revs its louder but on cruise at 3k its easily liveable. Above 5k is mad! I found a lot of rattles when I took the bungs out, the cubby hole would pop open without touching it aswell, due to vibrations. Maybe thats just me.

Hope you took the coast road and not the boring dual carriageway

Hope you took the coast road and not the boring dual carriageway

Dualer down cos I was running late, coast road home. Although what a frustrating road for getting stuck behind folk on.

Was down at Mackie Motors getting keys reprogrammed, £45 and done in an hour. Aberdeen wanted £70 + vat and the car for a whole day. No brainer.

If maz is headin up to wales jump in his zed, rag-top and the K1 sounds awesome, i remember the tunnel run :drive1:teeth::scare::teeth::thumbs:

Unfortunately I wont attend the welsh run this year. Couldn't get out of work :bang::bang::bang:

I'll attend the next meet (I think it crystal palace) so you can have a listen then. otehrwise you can have a stroll on the seafront and you'll find me easily :lol: