Pre-purchase Research

Hi guys,

Hopefully by Christmas time, I'll be able to join the exalted ranks of Z owners! :yahoo: So I'm on here to do some pre-purchase research.

Principle choice is whether to go for the DE or the HR. I know there's a lot of money involved in the later model, but it would mainly depend on one thing... Can anyone recommend a machine shop in or around Scotland which would be able to cope with boring cylinders, installing sleeves, machining heads and that sort of thing? I've been looking around various places on the net and can't find any recommendations for garages who've worked on Z's.

I've got some relatively extensive plans already with various options (some mutually exclusive), but I don't have the necessary contacts for machining etc, and I'm determined not to go into this with my eyes shut. There are a lot of different directions to take when modifying and I have some theories I'd like to put into practice, but obviously there's no point in buying a stroker kit or a particular ECU if there's no-one around who can be trusted to carry out the work to a decent standard...

Nice speaking to you all,

Doug

Thanks lads...

Heh heh... Funny you should mention ZMANALEX... I'd already had an idea to speak to him as I've been lurking on here for a while, but I thought it better manners to come and introduce myself before pestering individuals! (Funny how you can be lurking so long, you recognise all the names and forget that people have no idea who you are when you finally come to post... :blink: )

So ZMAN, if you're out there and you're reading this, please let me know where you get your engine work done!

Cheers,

Doug

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Cheers lads!

I'll put some up as soon as I can...

Have to wait for the DVLA to change my address on my licence before everything gets finalised, which they say can take up to 10 working days... :thumbdown:

I'm just going to jump up and down, run around the house laughing uncontrollably and wee myself at regular intervals with excitement! :bounce::yahoo::oops:

Off to go and check the insurance forum for good deals...

Cheers,

Doug

That's totally weird! I was literally just looking at that post... :headhurt:

I'm going to wait until I've take delivery of it first though... Don't want to jinx anything! :scare:

I'll defo be up for meets etc though once I've secured the keys!