Newbie Z owner + clutch

hi all

just picked up my 350z last week ( sunburnt orange with gt pack 2003)

and i must say i am loving every second of it. but i did have a look at the weekend about all this clutch adjustment lark. looking at the pics on this forum it seems my fuse box is nearest the accel pedal and not on the left side. i did lay on my back and try to look up under the dash but there is no way i could get to the locking nut.

any uk car tips/advice of adjusting would be great.

my clutch just bites bout 2 inches to high.

thanks again

john

I'll have a look at mine later to see why you are having troubles, but when I did my brake pedal I do remember there wasnt an aweful lot of room. I remember the locknut was quite hard to get moving, in the end I had to clamp the rod with some rag and pliers and then do the lock nut. 2" does sound like a lot though, I'm not sure you will get that much adjustment out of it. Is the clutch on its last legs? Sounds like it could be worn.

to be honest the clutch feels fine. no slip, engages all gears cold and hot. slips nice when crawling just a bit high up. the actual pedal is bout 1 inch above the brake pedal height. so i would just like to drop it a bit.

will get some pics up of car soon.