Community support officers

N1SM0350z

If the comunity support officers use thier little device that tells you how fast your going and your speeding you dont get a ticket or points do you? you just get a warning letter then if you get 3 the police are involved? Im sure I saw this on TV.

Anyone know?

• 2 weeks later...
Don't know about the PCSO bit, but the police have 14 days to issue the NIP, so if you don't get anything in the next few days you're probably safe! :thumbs:

Yeh thats what I thought.

I did lots of research on the PCSO's powers and they cant issue a fine or points so i think its gna be fine. fingers crossed. :blush:

If it was them standing with a Gun then need stop you. Pretty sure the 14 days is more for the photo cameras

NIP's are for any traffic offence that you could reasonably argue you were not aware you had committed ie speeding, red light, even if you caused an accident due to your manner of driving that may not have directly involved you.

Even if PCSO's can't prosecute you, I'm sure if they noticed enough people speeding the real traffic cops would start appearing in the area, followed by traffic calming measures and speed cameras. So when you are fed up with speed bumps and blame the government or the police, it could actually be because people continually do 45 on the 30 road.

We get the CSOs around here with speed guns. They are just making people aware that they are speeding, a bit like those stupid flashing speed signs. :)

It wouldnt be so bad if they didint literally hide in the bushes, also they sometimes set up opposite the exit to my road and ive been waiting to pull in and I havnt been speeding and they stare at you like youre scum. Miserable ***** :blush:

I dont even knonw how I managed to get to 45 I wasnt deliberatley driving fast

Congrats, you've just admitted to driving without due care and attention as well! Tbh fella I don't particularly care if you find my posts boring, but I do promise to stop once you stop posting such utter drivel and stop driving like a numpty.

Had you slipped to 35 in a 30 then fair enough, no-one's perfect and it's easily done if you're trying to nip past a bike, but 45 is some way over and takes a fair bit of commitment to do, especially in said van. I'm no great fan of PCSOs either, as I'd rather have one proper policeman on the streets than 10 of the little Hitlers, but that's not really the point here.

/rant

We get the CSOs around here with speed guns. They are just making people aware that they are speeding, a bit like those stupid flashing speed signs. :)

It wouldnt be so bad if they didint literally hide in the bushes, also they sometimes set up opposite the exit to my road and ive been waiting to pull in and I havnt been speeding and they stare at you like youre scum. Miserable ***** :blush:

The thing with this is, they have no authority so what does it matter if they clock you? By hiding in the bushes they will get a true representation of the way people drive on that particular road. As Chris said earlier, if people are constantly speeding then traffic calming measures may get installed.

If by hiding in bushes and generally being 'miserable *****' they save the life of one child then to me it's worth putting up with.

I dont even knonw how I managed to get to 45 I wasnt deliberatley driving fast

Congrats, you've just admitted to driving without due care and attention as well! Tbh fella I don't particularly care if you find my posts boring, but I do promise to stop once you stop posting such utter drivel and stop driving like a numpty.

Had you slipped to 35 in a 30 then fair enough, no-one's perfect and it's easily done if you're trying to nip past a bike, but 45 is some way over and takes a fair bit of commitment to do, especially in said van. I'm no great fan of PCSOs either, as I'd rather have one proper policeman on the streets than 10 of the little Hitlers, but that's not really the point here.

/rant

No ones forcing you to read them.

The thing with this is, they have no authority so what does it matter if they clock you? By hiding in the bushes they will get a true representation of the way people drive on that particular road. As Chris said earlier, if people are constantly speeding then traffic calming measures may get installed.

If by hiding in bushes and generally being 'miserable *****' they save the life of one child then to me it's worth putting up with.

I can put up with them but I dont like being glared at when ive done nothing wrong thats all and yes I agree about saving a childs live, as my brother was knocked down at that junction.

I can put up with them but I dont like being glared at when ive done nothing wrong thats all and yes I agree about saving a childs live, as my brother was knocked down at that junction.

I'm sure it's nothing personal. They maybe like your car or think you have a funny haircut or something! :lol:

I'm sure it's nothing personal. They maybe like your car or think you have a funny haircut or something! :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: Maybe