Joined the...... Dark Side!

3FIDDYZ

As a few of you may have seen my Volks were looking a bit rough from the salt on the roads and the result of taking the car to a "Hand Car wash" a year ago... So they needed a refurb...

Decided on something away from the norm and went for the "Phantom" look. Havnt decided to do the lip yet or to paint the calipers in red so there could be a version 2. Gloss powdercoated for a decent amount of protection and then finnished with a matt overcoat... Should be easy to take care of now!

From the reaction so far they seem to be a bit marmite, but am well happy with the results.

Wicked Wheels in Crawley have done a great job, very impressed with them, their setup and the price charged. They also mananged to sort me out with a deal on a new set of rear falkens too as my rears were shot!

Anyway, a quick "teaser" pic. More to follow am sure!

DSC00400.jpg

IMO in the flesh they dont make the wheel look smaller, but am sure others may say different! The red pinstripe may help to break up the big ture look.

DSC00393.jpg

In motion the wheels look like they are floating and not held onto the car!

Took some other pics at the show on saturday so will get them up soon if anyones interested...

I like 'em I think, Would have looked crap if they werent split rims but as you have the inner lip with the bolts it works.

My GTS' have gotten smashed up over the winter so dropped mine to be refurbed today. Just cant run a decent polished rim in this country without washing it after every drive.

How much did you pay?

I like the look of the first pic but not so much the full car shots. I have a feeling the camera doesnt have enough dynamic range and cant fully capture the effect? I think in reality it will look good as you can see the difference between the tyre and rim, whereas on the pic of the whole car, you cant make it out. Look forward to seeing them in the flesh B)

I like the look of the first pic but not so much the full car shots. I have a feeling the camera doesnt have enough dynamic range and cant fully capture the effect? I think in reality it will look good as you can see the difference between the tyre and rim, whereas on the pic of the whole car, you cant make it out. Look forward to seeing them in the flesh B)

Its a Sony Alpha A-800 with a 10-20mm lens so prob not the camera... More so the operator!!

If I do go down version 2, then it will look a bit like this...

red.jpg

But, after looking at a few cars last weekend at the show with black wheels, you cant really see a difference with the tyre / wheel anyway and they dont all have the "time attack" lip....

Nice job Mark, look forward to seeing them at the weekend :)

What's happening on the weekend? Mod Day or something?

Big meet at IWM Duxford, 23+ Zeds, a few r33's, r34's and a couple of r35's....

Saturday or Sunday? Is there an entry fee? Is it invite only?

Sunday, open to everyone, £9 entry.....