Advice please.

Hi all, i am new here but hope to make some friends and get some hands on advice.

I have always had pretty quick cars, my last one 'i just sold' was a 07 Focus Wolf tuned to 300bhp, it was savage but fun, since then i bought a van because i was proper f@@@@d off with the price of petrol so i thought i would go derv and save for a while, but like this goverment always seems to want to screw the driver....guess what ? derv now costs more then petrol which really pisses me off because it costs less to produce !!!!! but thats another story lol

Anyway, a mate at work rolled up in a Skyline the other day, albeit an old R33 but still, its a nice motor so i started thinking about getting another car and the 350Z has always turned my head B)

So peeps, can you give me any advice on what to look for and what to expect, performance, mpg, tax etc. I am heavy footed :drive1 and i am well old at 38 so ins isnt a shock.

I have £12k to spend and if poss i love jap cars in white, my ST was blue and some brain box decided to paint the undercoat in white so it looked awfull when stone chipped !!!

any advice is welcome,

Kindest regards,

Vale.