Thinking of buying!!

Hi,

First post!!

Right well thinking on buying a 350Z, have just sold my E46 M3 which I found really boring and b4 that I had an EVO 8 400bhp+ 400 Ft/LBs of torque, was a really nice car and spend a few pounds!! ;)

But have always had a soft spot for the 350Z.

Just really want to know what model to go for, dont mind imports, how much they are and what mods you can do eg b4 you go fitting turbos!!?? I did hear that there is no software in the UK to map them?? Or am I talking crap!! :lol:

Thanks in advance!

Niall (From Aberdeenshire)

Where about in the 'shire you from?

To be honest, if you didn't like M3 then you might not like the Zed. It's not a turbo nutter like an Evo with a huge kick....

You are correct on the remap. None of the usual guys do it. It's a piggyback or standalone ECU I'm afraid.

You can do a few bits and bobs to it before turbos. Breathing mods mainly. But to prepare for FI you'd be better getting suspension, brakes and better rubber.

To be honest, if you didn't like M3 then you might not like the Zed. It's not a turbo nutter like an Evo with a huge kick....

You are correct on the remap. None of the usual guys do it. It's a piggyback or standalone ECU I'm afraid.

You can do a few bits and bobs to it before turbos. Breathing mods mainly. But to prepare for FI you'd be better getting suspension, brakes and better rubber.

Just south of Peterhead, Ahh so you can go standalone then, thats not so bad, nah the M3 was a good car, but no fun! I think the 350Z looks like it will be, will have to get a test drive though, see whats what :)

If I dont like then I'll have to think on sumthing else! :headhurt:

Just south of Peterhead, Ahh so you can go standalone then, thats not so bad, nah the M3 was a good car, but no fun! I think the 350Z looks like it will be, will have to get a test drive though, see whats what :)

If I dont like then I'll have to think on sumthing else! :headhurt:

There are a few in the Ellon direction so they are the correct side of the city.....

You must be Mintlaw kinda way then????

Hatton mate :thumbs:

Is the GT the best to buy or is a import worth getting??

A right ok.

Imports aren't worth ruling out, I'd just see whats available to be honest. Depends what you want really. The GT is easier to resell (apparantly) however if you are planning ICE and a retrim then it's pointless really.... Or any serious mods to be honest!

so just really go for a basic and mod from there???

Thats what I did with the EVO, Import White EVO and modded from there!

I'll have to keep an eye out, are parts eay to buy in the UK?? wheres the best places to buy from?? Tuners etc??

so just really go for a basic and mod from there???

Thats what I did with the EVO, Import White EVO and modded from there!

I'll have to keep an eye out, are parts eay to buy in the UK?? wheres the best places to buy from?? Tuners etc??

Well I can give you a loot at my GT uk car. They're are a couple of imports and a 400bhp TT in Aberdeen. They were all at a mini meet last week in Aberdeen.

:welcome: to the forum.

I've got an Evo V1 with circa 400/400 and its a completely different car to the zed. Much faster, banshee acceleration, etc, but it lacks the finess of the Zed. It really depends on what you want from your car. If its outright performance then you would possibly be better looking for something else. If however you want a balance between good performance, a nicely balanced chassis and a fairly civilised drive, the Zed takes some beating.

:welcome: to the forum.

I've got an Evo V1 with circa 400/400 and its a completely different car to the zed. Much faster, banshee acceleration, etc, but it lacks the finess of the Zed. It really depends on what you want from your car. If its outright performance then you would possibly be better looking for something else. If however you want a balance between good performance, a nicely balanced chassis and a fairly civilised drive, the Zed takes some beating.

+1 and of course the zed is a very good looking car :thumbs:

Hatton mate :thumbs:

Is the GT the best to buy or is a import worth getting??

WOO HOO another potential Hatton car ... that will make errmm 2 now !! :blush:

Give me a shout if you get one and we can have our own Hatton "very mini meet" next to the footie pitch ! ;)