more advice needed on wheels

hotrain69

Hello guys, another plea for advice regarding wheels, my mind seems to keep changing from day to day.

I have a black zed and have been thinking about getting new wheels but on a low budget. want a change from the silver 18s rays. but couldnt decide on a colour. but think i've settled for my original thought of black, basically after seeing this zed

http://www.tremek.com/forum/car-picture ... -pics.html

i know they are volk wheels so therefore looks fantastic but i hopefully wont be spending that sort of money. i think i really like the shiny back look on a black zed with the polished lip. so have been set about looking for some on a tight budget. will probably be able to stretch up to 1200 for a set with tyres. i know this a low budget for 19s but can only hope.

Saw these on ebay, they are from DP Motorsport and I've read some people's review of them and tend not to be great service but price wise they are superb. also not sure if the offsets are right for 19s on the listing, so any comments would be appreciated. i guess if i rang them up they will be able to get the right offsets?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/19-CRUIZE-296-ALL ... 240%3A1318

so as well as the offset, was wondering what people think of these wheels and whether they will suit a black zed? also they are quite cheap does that mean they will be rubbish wheels?

the second option that i was thinking would be to go the other extreme and try and save as much money as poss and refurb my rays and get them painted black.

please please please, i need help. ideally i want 19s if these wheels arent totally rubbish because of the low price.

please help!!!

They look ok but from experience you get what you pay for ;) polished lips are always gonna struggle with or winters. IMO offsets are weak, you need low +20s unless you run spacers with them :)

true, i definitely know what you are saying about getting what you pay for.

to be honest, i dont really understand the whole offset numbers thing. what do you mean buy low +20s? i've got 20mm spacers on my rays now so maybe i can use them?

The offset of those wheels are +35. The lower the number the further out they stick. Around a +20 will be perfectly flush with the arches :)

20mm spacers will make them look much better B)

i see, so i guess since they are quite high offset, think they are +35, even with the spacers, they wont stick out as much as my rays with spacers right now?

Agree with the comments above.

I have these brand new 19" Racing Harts RS 722's available if interested.

They will cost you at least twice as much as the wheels that you were looking at on Ebay but you only get what you pay for.

They come complete with all the lug nuts, locking nuts, special socket, special valves and RS centers.

These look great on a black zed especially with the black inner spokes.

DSCF0287.jpg

DSCF0292.jpg

DSCF0291.jpg

I also have a set of unmarked preowned 19" Nismo LMGT4 which could be supplied in black.

Also available is a set of unmarked 18" LM1 rims that came off the Limited Addition 350Z GT4.

These also could be finished in black.

The 19" Nismos and the 18" LM1 rims will be around the £850 mark.

Cheers,

Alex.

right, having spoken to some very helpful people and taken all the comments into account, i agree with all of you and will not be dealing with the company or the wheels. so that pretty much puts me back to square one. but then i saw tim's wheels on his car before he sold it and thought they are the ones that i like, cant decide on the two below though for a black zed:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/19-Ruff- ... ccessories

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/19-Ruff- ... ccessories

i love the look of the two wheels above, but then i have the problem that i use my car all year round for commute but cant afford to keep winter and summer wheels. would these be a massive problem to run in winter?

if so, can anyone recommend a set of 19s which look similar to the ones above but can be used all year round?

thanks.

What happened to the nismo's?

The nismo's just werent quite my thing. I think i just really want the look of those ruff racing wheels, which i just dont see from the nismos. like the black and chrome look with my black zed and just dont think painted nismos would look the same. they wouldnt have that lip which i think is needed if putting on a black zed.

any thoughts would be appreciated though.

You should of pushed the boat out for limiter's Volks ;)

yes, i know, but just cant get the cash at the moment. I'm not looking to get new wheels right now anyway, just want to know what i want so can start budgeting.

so will the volks be ok all year round?

• 2 weeks later...