My Face Is Still Aching (24 hrs into Z ownership)

Hi all. Picked up my 54 Z GT yesterday and I haven't been able to stop smiling since (even during last night's sleep). After a bit of research, I think I've had a very decent deal = 54 Reg (on a private plate) GT in GM grey with orange leather interior with 70k with 12 months NISSAN warranty and service pack included in VGC for £9.4k.

I spent over 3 months looking for my new car, eventually narrowing the choice down to the SLK, the Boxster and the 350z. It will come as no surprise to members of this forum why I opted for the Z! What I can't understand is why more people don't go for the Z as it offers such incredible value for money!? Even car insurance surprised me - £390pa fully comprehensive (with Privilege)!

I actually stumbled upon this site while looking for similarly happy people on the web. Congrats on an amazingly supportive and seriously informative site. I actually spent over three hours trawling the posts last night after surgically removing myself from my new toy. BTW, another newbie poster referred to his son expressing delight at being dropped over at the school gates in his dad's new car - the exact same thing happened to me - my son can't wait for the Easter holidays to finish! Funnily enough, I also traded up from a Fiesta so, as you can imagine, the Z offers slightly more smiles per gallon. :lol:

As with most people, I'm after some advice:

1. I'm looking to replace a worn gear knob (orange leather). Where would be best to look? I'm not looking to spend a fortune.

2. Slightly off track, I'm looking to buy a sat nav to fit in the cubby hole above the BOSE head unit. I'm not looking for a unit specific to the Z. I'm more after a TOMTOM/Garmin type unit that'll store in the car. I need the following functions: bluetooth compatibility with my iPhone 3G and an FM transmitter to play MP3s off a storage card (as I'm led to believe that the BOSE unit won't play 'copied' CDs). European map facility is unnecessary.

I apologise if the second point falls outside this forum's remit although I thought I'd attempt to gather some collective wisdom ;)

I live in the Cardiff area and I'm very keen to get involved in club events. I look forward to hearing from you.

Hi there, i presume you live in maesteg ;) Why don't you come along to the Bristol meet at 11ish today at the Aust services just over the old severn bridge! Will be interesting for us all to meet up, as most of us haven't met each other yet. Hopefully it'll be a good turn out if everyone gets their arses in gear :lol: The weather is looking B) to.

Wow!! Thanks guys. Even more surprised that anyone's heard of Maesteg!

Would love to do Bristol but I suspect the missus would be less than impressed if I told her that she'd be looking after the kids today while I pop across the Bridge to mingle with some other petrolheads. As you can imagine, she didn't see much of me yesterday.

Enjoy the West Country though fellas.

I'm jealous!

Hi & :welcome: to the forum. Its a great feeling having the Zed sitting on your drive and the grin never goes away. If you do a search there are plenty of threads regarding the questions you are asking. I do know that the Bose will play copied CD's.

Cheers Maccaman - I haven't tried playing CDs yet - been too busy enjoying the engine! The previous owner told me that he'd had difficulty in playing copied CDs in the unit. I'll explore further when I get bored of the engine sound (probably sometime in 2014).

Didn't I read the Wales May meet was in North Wales?

Cheers Trev. I actually live near Llantrisant but from the sprawling metropolis that is Maesteg originally.

Would have loved to have made Bristol this morning but family needs must . . . . . .

Doing my "dad duties" this morning, then out to expand my carbon footprint later today :teeth:

Thanks Macca/Chiili. I've just followed the hyperlink and had a quick look at the thread.

Obviously, I'm new to this and perhaps you/others could answer two questions:

1. Are these gigs suitable for complete noobs?

2. I notice most people are "carvery x 2". Does that mean girlfriends are coming too? I need to check because if she can't make it, I'll see if the wife is available :lol:

Doing my "dad duties" this morning, then out to expand my carbon footprint later today :teeth:

Good man. That's in the fine print of Zed ownership. :teeth:

Lol, what they didn't tell you is that we all need facelifts after a few years of ownership, trying not to end up looking like the "Joker". :lol::lol::p Enjoy!!! :yahoo:

Hi and welcome to the forum. The Wales and other meets are very much for plus ones, we need their support to get all to them all :D

It a very sociable weekend and all about meeting other members whilst enjoying the roads. :thumbs:

If you think one zed looks good wait until you see 50 B)

Yeah partners are very welcome. You don't have to eat if you don't want to but it's a good carvery. The day is a great chance to meet a lot of fantastic people, see a lot of Zeds either boggo or modded with great advice & the drive is awesome. It's not a race & anybody misbehaving would be asked to leave so it's great for everybody. As you can imagine the sight of 50 Zeds in convoy is something to behold :yahoo:

:welcome:

Check this post out for ideas on your satnav. Tim (Lomoto) fixed a tomtom into his cubby.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=19976&hilit=tomtom&start=15

As for the wales meet - I am finally risking it after being a member for a while now and am bringing a mate along but I think there's a mix of people bringing friends, partners or just coming by themselves. Would be a shame for you not to go as its on your doorstep. You won't be the only one that doesn't know many/any people. :thumbs:

:welcome:

Check this post out for ideas on your satnav. Tim (Lomoto) fixed a tomtom into his cubby.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=19976&hilit=tomtom&start=15

As for the wales meet - I am finally risking it after being a member for a while now and am bringing a mate along but I think there's a mix of people bringing friends, partners or just coming by themselves. Would be a shame for you not to go as its on your doorstep. You won't be the only one that doesn't know many/any people. :thumbs:

By door step do you mean 163 miles to Chester. :blush: