My Face Is Still Aching (24 hrs into Z ownership)

Welcome bud :thumbs: as others have said the Wales run is not to be missed and i can assure you that there will be no misbehaving on the roads and this event is for everybody who owns or will be driving a zed, its fantastic for new members as you can see just what kind of mods are achievable.

Don't feel worried that you will be left out as there is no click and everybody gets along with everybody :thumbs:

Hi Guys. Sincere thanks for the warm welcome - massively appreciated.

OK, the grin on my face is now bigger than it was yesterday. I've just spent almost 3 hours solid driving. Up and down the motorway (no faster than 70 mph of course) and then did a 45 minute side-road excursion.

WOW!

The sound of that engine is absolutely amazing. And then the BOSE ICE - simply brilliant!

Thanks for the advice too Nixy - I'll take a look at Tim's post and give an update post later. The model I'm favouring at the mo in the TomTom 740 GO - seems to tick all the boxes and is on sale on Amazon.

Nixy - :teeth: - Wales seems to have shrunk a bit since I bought my Z!

Would genuinely love to do the Wales drive - will need to earn some brownie points to gain an away day ticket from the missus though!

Would genuinely love to do the Wales drive - will need to earn some brownie points to gain an away day ticket from the missus though!

Take a kid with you instead. We are all pretty much family friendly!

I'm taking my oldest son Matthew, he absolutely loves Zeds. In fact he's been to virtually every show with me ever since he was old enough to walk :teeth: he's 22 now :scare:

By the way was you blasting up the M4 around 2ish this afternoon when we were coming back from the meet in my sunset orange Zed?

Might well have been sunset! :lol:

Blasting is a good word - I'm currently having difficulty knowing the difference between 3rd and 5th and I'm loving getting the wrong gear.

I've spent literally 5 hours in the Z today. Totally addicted.

I'm off first thing in the morning to plant some trees to offset my misuse of the environment.

Very good idea about taking my son to the meet. My eldest is 10 and he would absolutely love it. Nice one.

Thanks Macca/Chiili. I've just followed the hyperlink and had a quick look at the thread.

Obviously, I'm new to this and perhaps you/others could answer two questions:

1. Are these gigs suitable for complete noobs?

2. I notice most people are "carvery x 2". Does that mean girlfriends are coming too? I need to check because if she can't make it, I'll see if the wife is available :lol:

Welcome to the club :clap: .

Don't wory about being a noob :lol: I went on the last Wales run just 4 weeks after picking up my Zed. The wife came along and both had a great day. Was made to feel very welcome by all. Some fantastic roads and it really does make you feel special when you convoy through the villages and see some of the reactions B)

• 2 weeks later...