TAKATA HARNESS IN Z?

jerry3167

:) Hi Guys,

Does anyone have a 4-point harness fitted in their Z?

I have my TAKATA HARNESS from my CTR, but its made for a 4 seat car! What would be needed to get it to fit the Z? Im thinking that the 2 seat Takata harness would be correct?

Any ideas?

Jerry :)

I think you are correct. Sparco do a harness bar for behind the seats, but you'd need a short harness for it as it runs straight from the bar directly behind the seats through the seats. Take a look on my350z.com, loads of guys run them on there :)

Z1Auto suggest that there are long (4 seater) and short (2 seater) versions, so more weight to needing short harness ( http://z1auto.com/prodmore.asp?model=35 ... rodid=1752 )

you actually do not want to use the short Takata harnesses in the Z, unless you sit ALL the way back on the seat tracks. If you try them and you are of average height, there will not be enough length adjustment to have the harnesses sit as they should on your shoulders and lap. We always use and suggest the long ones. Not to mention, far easier to resell the long ones down the road ;)

The harness bar is your best and safest method of mounting, short of a full cage

you actually do not want to use the short Takata harnesses in the Z, unless you sit ALL the way back on the seat tracks. If you try them and you are of average height, there will not be enough length adjustment to have the harnesses sit as they should on your shoulders and lap. We always use and suggest the long ones. Not to mention, far easier to resell the long ones down the road ;)

The harness bar is your best and safest method of mounting, short of a full cage

Thanks for that Adam, Where does the Harness bar fix to, and do you have these?

Cheers

Jerry :)

Thats good news for you Jerry, should mean you can use your current harnesses :thumbs:

I've seen a Sparco harness bar being used before in the States. But two things confuse me. Firstly looking at UK suppliers of Sparco they dont seem to stock them, so wonder if they are legal on UK roads. Secondly they seem to fit to the seat belt guide mounts on the B-pillar, and also are meant to have supports to the floor. But in the pics of the US cars they seem to have no supports. I thought this might be a bit dangerous. Can you confirm how they mount Adam? I did see a more impressive K-bar mount on the US forums which looked a lot better going to the fixing points in the rear as well as the belt guide mounts.

:surrender: Anyone up for a group buy..

Jesus :lol:, not for me this time bud, but it is a bargain and if my zed was for the track, or if i did track days defo, would be good if you guys did do a group buy on this, and Jerry there is no stopping you spending :scare::lol: