Cup holder

jim

The fold-out cup holder on the lower passenger-side dash panel is jammed in and I think there is a screw behind it which has to be removed to take off this panel. I think I am going to have to break the cup holder to get it to come out, so I will need a replacement part. Anybody got one?

The fold-out cup holder on the lower passenger-side dash panel is jammed in and I think there is a screw behind it which has to be removed to take off this panel. I think I am going to have to break the cup holder to get it to come out, so I will need a replacement part. Anybody got one?

If you apply a few sharp taps to the cup holder then it should release.

Failing that apply a bit of finger pressure while levering out gently with a small flat blade screwdriver. :thumbs:

Yes you are correct that there is a screw behind it, but if you follow the above then all should be well and there would be no need to break it.

Failing that apply a bit of finger pressure while levering out gently with a small flat blade screwdriver. :thumbs:

Yes you are correct that there is a screw behind it, but if you follow the above then all should be well and there would be no need to break it.

Cheers, guys, managed to unblock the jam and get the cup holder to move in and out. :thumbs:

Damned if I can see where that screw is, though, to allow me to remove the panel. Lee reckoned there was a guide somewhere for removing this panel - anybody know where to find it?

Cheers, guys, managed to unblock the jam and get the cup holder to move in and out. :thumbs:

Damned if I can see where that screw is, though, to allow me to remove the panel. Lee reckoned there was a guide somewhere for removing this panel - anybody know where to find it?

If I recall correctly there are 3 screws mate.

One either side at the bottom of the panel and one directly behind the cup holder. You can't really miss them.

There are no screws at the top. :thumbs:

Alex.

If I recall correctly there are 3 screws mate.

One either side at the bottom of the panel and one directly behind the cup holder. You can't really miss them.

There are no screws at the top. :thumbs:

Alex.

Thanks, Alex. I'll have another go at it later today.

Well, I tried again and I still can't get the panel off. I have undone all of the other clips and there only remains something around the cup holder which is still holding it in. I can't see any obvious screw heads behind it, so I am really needing some expert guidance to get the job done.

HELP!! :blush:

Well, I tried again and I still can't get the panel off. I have undone all of the other clips and there only remains something around the cup holder which is still holding it in. I can't see any obvious screw heads behind it, so I am really needing some expert guidance to get the job done.

Okay let's take a step back.

What panel are you actually trying to remove.?

The panel above the passenger footwell which incorporates the cup-holder. Sorry I can't describe it any better.

I found, and have undone, the two screws at the bottom of the panel, and have pulled out the clips up the side and along the top, but there is something still holding it in place either above or behind the cup holder. I don't want to use too much force in case I damage something.

A picture may help......

IMG_0026-1.jpg

i dont have a cup holder tho i think i know which panel you mean, i had a right game with that myself, there is a screw behind what i n my car looks like something to hold change, that was the 3rd i had to remove along with the clips to get the panel out.

The panel above the passenger footwell which incorporates the cup-holder. Sorry I can't describe it any better.

I found, and have undone, the two screws at the bottom of the panel, and have pulled out the clips up the side and along the top, but there is something still holding it in place either above or behind the cup holder. I don't want to use too much force in case I damage something.

You appear to have all the screws romoved etc except for the one behind the cup holder.

I have this panel off at least once a month to access my ECU and Vpro

You have to remove the complete cup holder assembly from the dash in one piece to access the bolt.

Pulling out the cup holder to the extended position is not enough.

If this is your issue then you have to pull out the cup holder to the extended position and with a thin flat blade screwdriver release the clip holding the complete unit to the dash.

Once the cupholder assembly is removed completely from the dash, then you will see the screw.

ALex.

You appear to have all the screws romoved etc except for the one behind the cup holder.

I have this panel off at least once a month to access my ECU and Vpro

You have to remove the complete cup holder assembly from the dash in one piece to access the bolt.

Pulling out the cup holder to the extended position is not enough.

If this is your issue then you have to pull out the cup holder to the extended position and with a thin flat blade screwdriver release the clip holding the complete unit to the dash.

Once the cupholder assembly is removed completely from the dash, then you will see the screw.

ALex.

Alex - thanks for taking the trouble to reply again - it's much appreciated. I confess I didn't realise that you had to take the cup holder out completely - that puts a whole different complexion on things. Can I ask one more daft question - where is the clip to release the holder from the dash?

Edit - ignore that last question - found the clip and the holder is out. Thanks. Now to get a torch to see this damned screw!

Got it! God, that was so simple eventually - I now feel really stupid. Thanks for being to patient, Alex. :thumbs:

Hi Jim your nearly there!!

http://www.technosquareinc.com/350ZECUremoval.htm

Follow this link mate, but dont go as far as to remove the ECU!! haha. This is a good guide and the pictures avoid any mistakes over simple written instructions.

Will call you remarding the panel etc.

Best regards, Lee :thumbs:

Thanks, Lee. As you can see, I've now managed it. That's an excellent guide, by the way.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Hi Jim, my pleasure, glad you got there in the end mate. Good effort:thumbs:

The first time is always the worse especially when you are dealing with interior trim. :scare:

Next time to save any embarrassment might be wise to pm me mate :lol: or just pop up the road and pay me a visit. :drive1

Anyway, what are you looking for in there. ;)

Cheers

Alex

Hi Jim, my pleasure, glad you got there in the end mate. Good effort:thumbs:

The first time is always the worse especially when you are dealing with interior trim. :scare:

Next time to save any embarrassment might be wise to pm me mate :lol: or just pop up the road and pay me a visit. :drive1

Anyway, what are you looking for in there. ;)

Cheers

Alex

Yes - might have been safer to PM!

I wanted to remove the panel in order to mount a power socket in it, as the JDM panel doesn't have one built in.

Next time I have a problem like that I might take you up on your offer to pop up to Perth and get your help directly.

Cheers again, mate.

Jim