Induction Kits

simon1618

At the meet in Chester I noticed that a few of the guys/gals had induction kits fitted, I WANT ONE !!!!! but searching the net brings up so many different makes/types. Can anyone give recommendations as to qwhich may be the best one to get and if you have one fitted can you tell me what improvements you have noticed.

Also there were some with carbon/carbon look fascia covers from the upper clocks to the gear lever but can I find any for right hand drive cars on the net ... NO !!!! any advice as to where these illusive items are sold. Cheers

Hi Simon, there are quite a few induction kits available. I have a JWT but they are all pretty good. It depends how much you want to pay. There is no power gain so its just a nice noise really.

Many of the traders do the carbon bits, I still have a box full of the stuff to fit when i get round to it. :)

At the meet in Chester I noticed that a few of the guys/gals had induction kits fitted, I WANT ONE !!!!! but searching the net brings up so many different makes/types. Can anyone give recommendations as to qwhich may be the best one to get and if you have one fitted can you tell me what improvements you have noticed. Many available, basically you pays yer monies and ye takes yer choice! The JWT induction kit is a good kit at a good price. You can't argue with it. Chilli Red (Envy) on here can sort you out with one or a few others. CS does the K&N, pipercross and HKS to name a few.

Also there were some with carbon/carbon look fascia covers from the upper clocks to the gear lever but can I find any for right hand drive cars on the net ... NO !!!! any advice as to where these illusive items are sold. Cheers Equibs made a kit that was good quality. EPRacing can sort you out too I believe. Not sure on others kits. Quality is key in this though, you generally pay for it and they ain't cheap!

Martin/Stew

Thanks for your replies its quite often "cant see the wood for the trees" thats why I wanted recommendations but it sounds like they are all much of a muchness and you say they are all pretty comparable with each other, "you get what you pay for" so its a matter of plumping for one and go for it. New shiny bits to be ordered hehe

As Martin and Stew said, lots of tried and tested options available for the Zed, if you want the polished pipe then it’s always cost effective to get a ‘all in one’ induction kit that consist of the filter, polished pipe, heatshield and fitting kit, I do the HKS, Pipercross and K&N variants, all tried and tested on the Zed… :thumbs:

As Martin and Stew said, lots of tried and tested options available for the Zed, if you want the polished pipe then it’s always cost effective to get a ‘all in one’ induction kit that consist of the filter, polished pipe, heatshield and fitting kit, I do the HKS, Pipercross and K&N variants, all tried and tested on the Zed… :thumbs:

:thumbs:

and we do the JWT which comes as a three part set, the filter, heat sheild and fitting kit and have seperate polished pipes if you want one of those too. So now you have loads of choices :)

Have loads of carbon too - take a look here at our website

http://www.z-store.co.uk/index.cfm

So what do people think the nicest noise induction kit is? Looking to get one myself, purely for the noise!!!!

for me the noise is all fairly similar, have run both the jwt and the k&n and there is a slight pitch difference, but you really have to listen to notice.

to be honest, if you just want noise then the JWT is a good bet at £110, if you want something fancy in your engine bay to show off like a polished pipe, then K&N, AEM, or numorous others will be just as good.

there are loads of filters from apexi to hks. just depends on what you want, all do the same (bugger all) but make a nice noise.

I've got a powertec stainless steel induction kit on mine, sounds absolutely brilliant, but the rubber/silicone shoulder joints that are supplies seem very cheap as one has split and although the filter is stainless steel it is starting to rust!!!

Has anyone else got a stainless steel one on their Z?

I've got a powertec stainless steel induction kit on mine, sounds absolutely brilliant, but the rubber/silicone shoulder joints that are supplies seem very cheap as one has split and although the filter is stainless steel it is starting to rust!!!

Has anyone else got a stainless steel one on their Z?

I would get that off quick smart. Broken joints will let air in around the side of the filter and will probably confuse the MAF. Not to mention that a rusting filter could suck rust into the engine. Also metal gause filters arent known for their great filtering properties. I'd get a new cone filter or put the OEM air box back on!