R33 GTR v 350Z

sake-bito

Has anyone on here that now has a 350Z ever had a R33 GTR??

I'm asking because i would like to know peoples opinion on both the cars, running costs, maintenence etc etc. I have found the one i'm going to buy its a 95 and its £16k. So if i got £13k for mine i'd be spending £3k for a car thats 10 years older etc

Just want to make sure i'm doing the right thing as my zed only has 22k miles on the clock, is totaly immaculate and only costs me £400 odd to insure fully comp for a year and i still get 20MPG average.

Be interesting to hear from people who have had a R33 GTR

this is the one

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/904806.htm

STOO

What i've been thinking is that i hardly use my zed, like today i've never driven it for ages, so i drove it to my parents, washed and polished it, drove it for two miles then garaged it again! :wacko: So running cost like petrol etc i'm not worried about. I'd maintain the skyline myself i think so that would be ok. Its more like how often do things go wrong, insurance, tax etc

I'd be putting it on track most of the time i use it so i'm looking for one about 500+ BHP with all the extras.

But then today after looking at the zed i was having second thoughts as it looks so bloody nice, and its a lot newer etc. My heeds a mess :wacko::headhurt:

Might have a drive down to newcastle tomorrow to get a wee shot of this one first

STOO

What i've been thinking is that i hardly use my zed, like today i've never driven it for ages, so i drove it to my parents, washed and polished it, drove it for two miles then garaged it again! :wacko: So running cost like petrol etc i'm not worried about. I'd maintain the skyline myself i think so that would be ok. Its more like how often do things go wrong, insurance, tax etc

I'd be putting it on track most of the time i use it so i'm looking for one about 500+ BHP with all the extras.

But then today after looking at the zed i was having second thoughts as it looks so bloody nice, and its a lot newer etc. My heeds a mess :wacko::headhurt:

Might have a drive down to newcastle tomorrow to get a wee shot of this one first

STOO

Sorry if this causes offense as it's not meant too.

Would YOU really be able to exploit a 500bhp+ car to it's full potential on track?

I'm asking because i would like to know peoples opinion on both the cars, running costs, maintenence etc etc. I have found the one i'm going to buy its a 95 and its £16k. So if i got £13k for mine i'd be spending £3k for a car thats 10 years older etc

Just want to make sure i'm doing the right thing as my zed only has 22k miles on the clock, is totaly immaculate and only costs me £400 odd to insure fully comp for a year and i still get 20MPG average.

this is the one

STOO

Would you not be haggling hard on the price?

STOO

Would YOU really be able to exploit a 500bhp+ car to it's full potential on track?

Yes, been involved with racing for years. used to race my 300 + BHP S14a. a car about 500 BHP is not that hard to handle, a good mate of mine had a 500 BHP micra totally stripped and that wasn't too much of a handfull

STOO

this is the one

STOO

Would you not be haggling hard on the price?

cant see him moving, if i get £13k for my car i will pay full price

STOO

STOO

Yes, been involved with racing for years. used to race my 300 + BHP S14a. a car about 500 BHP is not that hard to handle, a good mate of mine had a 500 BHP micra totally stripped and that wasn't too much of a handfull

STOO

:thumbs:

Cool. Looks like a really nice R33 like I already said. 13k is a great price for your car in my opinion. :thumbs:

Oh in the vid it said Pulsar engine. Does the Pulsar use the SR20DE? I wouldnt have a clue :blush:

The pulsar used the SR20DET and the almera and primera used the SR20DE so it wasn't that hard to make it a DET

One of the best engines ever made :thumbs:

STOO

hi sake

I had 2 R33GTR before I come to the Z, My previous one was just over 600 horses and is a fanstastic machine.

Maintenance wise to be honest is just like any turbo car but a bit more thursty.

The stuff you got in that car is a very well balance piece of kit and from the pictures that car looks like is from globle auto japan and all their cars are fanststic, so I wouldnt think you will have much problem with them.

Leon.