I'm going to get myself a 350z

Hello all,

I'm going to get myself a 350z, have about £10k to spend, and looking for a UK GT spec car. It is an exciting time as recent cars have been ford fiesta zetec s and renualt clio sport 172, so slight upgrade!

I have spent time looking on Autotrader, Piston Heads etc, and haven't found many near the Essex area. I have just arranged a viewing of a car 60 miles or so away, but having not properly seen/driven a Z yet, wondered if there is any major things i should look out for? Plus not being able to compare with other 350z's is leaving me a little worried. I don't like buying the first thing i see, but have little viewing options and money burning hole in pocket!

The car i'm going to see is an '03 plate, It has FNSH, the tyres apparently half way though life not new but not needing immediate replacement, Rays alloys, 42k miles (p2 service due at 45k).

I spoke to owner who bought it from main dealer april 08, before him 1 other owner. He told me some minor stone chips on front end - I believe this is the norm with 350z but how minor should minor be? he also said a small amount of curbing on front alloys, and a small mark on rear wheel arch.

The car is up for a £10,350k, he said he will give it a new mot and the P2 service for that price (he said would knock £200 off but no more), or let it go for £10k without the service or mot.

Taking into account the stone chips, mark on arch, tyre condition and slight curbing, do you feel this is a good price or should I be doing some haggling? I have seen some slightly cheaper, they seem to have been snapped up quickly or were 100's miles away, I also know can get cheaper import, but i want a UK car.

Let me know your views, or if you are selling one and it sounds like what i'm looking for, or know someone that is, let me know.

Cheers

Martin

hi mate, theres always more haggleing to go... :lol:

the bumper is always going to take damage with the soft paint and most second hand cars will have suffered, your only looking at £150 to respray it from a local body shop and you could always get the dealer to do it as part of the sale of at least knock the money off for it :thumbs:

good luck and may you find your car B)