Should I accept this from a dealer?

Shuck

My car had a faulty electric seat switch and also needed a P1 service doing. I took it to the Stealers (Evans Halshaw - Darlington) which is my nearest one mainly because my Dad has used them before and they did a good job on his car. Dropped the car off and picked it up, everything seemed ok. They had washed and valeted my car even though I told them not to do it.

It was only the day after when I looked at the work they had done that I noticed some deep scratches on the centre console where they have taken the drivers seat out. The pics don't show it very well, because it looks like they have used some plastic back to black stuff on everything. Even split some on the seat!

Just to put things into context, one of the main reasons I bought my Zed is that it WAS a pristine example. 04 plate done 16k miles and was immaculate inside. I'm gutted now :scare::rant:

So guys and gals (can't forget Nixy, Cara and Bronzee!) is there anything I can do? I'm not very up on the complaining side of things. Any suggestions?

Zpics002.jpg

This pic shows on the gear box housing where they have missed some plastic out as well as the poor job on the gear stick leather cover. Basically a before and after. Now it just looks cheap!

Zpics003.jpg

Close up of the damage. Not the best shot, sorry but you can feel the scratches when you run a finger over them.

Are they a Nissan dealer? Get on the phone not only to the dealer but also Nissan GB. That is not acceptable :rant:

They seem to have gotten stuff all over the centre console, seat, gear stick! Let along those scratches! Thats shocking, and I would be fuming!

I would be execting all parts touched by that back to black crap to be repleaced at their cost. Also the seat looks awefully close to the centre console, more than I think mine is. Is that just a trick of the light or is it not alligned properly?

In a word no... as a rule us brits are useless at complaining... I'de be on the phone the the Manager of the dealership if you get no where with them, you need to be speaking with Nissan UK.

I found in the past a polite but seroius letter usually gets the ball rolling if speaking to the manager on the phone doesn't work.

:boxing:

In a word - NO! Get on the phone asap and show them these pictures! :dry:

+1 disgraceful, especially as they have blatantly tried to cover it up.

And they've even done a shocking job of trying to hide the damage. :wacko: I'd definitely bypass the service manager and go straight to the dealer principal or equivalent.

Good luck Shuck!!! Let us know how you get on.

ps. If you have any recent pics of the interior that may help your case. But I suspect that whomever did the damage will look mighty embarrassed if you confront them or vehemently deny it to get out of it.

Just got off the phone to the Dealers who did the 'job'. They are coming to pick up the car friday next week and sort it out.

I'll keep you all informed.

Cheers for the replies everyone.

Hopefully on a trailer and not an excuse for some 'test pilot' to rag your car :dry:

Like others have said and irrespective of their 'offer' I would still copy the details to Nissan GB before next Friday (with a copy to the dealer), with the objective of ensuring that the dealer does the standard of work expected, and not some bodge-up as they tried to pass off on you before :angry:

Just got off the phone to the Dealers who did the 'job'. They are coming to pick up the car friday next week and sort it out.

I'll keep you all informed.

Cheers for the replies everyone.

Hopefully on a trailer and not an excuse for some 'test pilot' to rag your car :dry:

I decided it was best to drop the car off myself and its only 10 minutes to the dealers. Picked the car up yesterday afternoon after only 4 hours and this is the result.

Zpics005.jpg

I'm happy with the work, and they were very apologetic. He said a guy comes in from a company and uses a machine to sort out any problems like this, and then re-does the pattern. Can't tell it was ever scratched.

Also the seat looks awefully close to the centre console, more than I think mine is. Is that just a trick of the light or is it not alligned properly?
Just a trick of the light, here is a pick for you Chris :)

Zpics006.jpg

Thanks for the comments and support guys. I'm pretty bad normally at this sort of thing and never had to deal with car dealers before.