Plasma 'Screen Burn'

Sarnie

The largest plasma is 103 inch meh :yawn:

The largest LCD is 108 inch B)

Its all about BIG tvs :lol:

Would still take the plasma, find 103 inch a yawn hey. When it was released it was approx £58,000 still find it a bore? ;):lol:

beavis you aint a salesman for plasma tv's are ya? :lol: Id still prefer LCD over plasma B)

Zedrush you aint a salesman for lcd tv's are ya? :lol: Id still prefer plasma over LCD B)

Jay i own both types of tv in my house. ;)

:p;):lol:

Would still take the plasma, find 103 inch a yawn hey. When it was released it was approx £58,000 still find it a bore? ;):lol:

beavis you aint a salesman for plasma tv's are ya? :lol: Id still prefer LCD over plasma B)

Zedrush you aint a salesman for lcd tv's are ya? :lol: Id still prefer plasma over LCD B)

:lol: Why yes I am a salesman for LCD, can I interest you in my TV's? :lol:

I own both types too, and i regret buying the plasma so put in spare room :lol::boxing:

:lol: Why yes I am a salesman for LCD, can I interest you in my TV's? :lol:

I own both types too, and i regret buying the plasma so put in spare room :lol::boxing:

Hey, I may start an xbox vs ps3 thread or maybe a PC vs mac :lol:

I own an LCD but to be fair, I think Beavis wins :blush:

Depends on quality of each to be honest.

I have a pioneer plasma which is miles better than one of the LCDs I own, but I have another LCD which almost matches it, but only when in HD - the pioneer displays a much better picture when in SD mode than the LCD.

A good quality plasma will spank a moderate LCD, but conversley a good quality LCD will outshine a mediocre plasma.

To be honest my pioneer plasma cost a fortune when I bought it, and its still got a beter picture quality than most of the new ones, I suppose you get what you pay for.

Size is a issue if it is going to be a plasma or lcd.

37" and under i would go lcd for a great picture but anything over that it is going to be a plasma. The lcd's have a slower movement rate which shows on a big screen. I have a 50" samsung(plasma)and my mate has the same but lcd and the whole picture is just not has good.

:D

^^ exactly, personally i would of said any bigger than a 32" then get a plasma. at first i didnt think there was much difference in the picture quality but feck me! unreal how good the plasmas look on the bigger tv's.

:thumbs:

Yup agreed, for anything over 37" and HD, it has to be plasma. But they tend to be more expensive, so I would still go for LCD for the cost reason alone. I have a 40" LCD and if I could afford it I would have the plasma, but you know what, 1080P projectors are around £900 now, so for the price of a decent plasma you can get a good projector. That wins hands down! ;)

Only issue with the projector is unless you like watching telly in the dark all the time, you will always lose definition and depth of colour over an LCD / Plasma panel. :)

Should have said, I would only have it as a second screen (ie LCD for normal viewing and projector for movies). I know its more expensive than a plasma on its own, but I can dream :thumbs:

Only issue with the projector is unless you like watching telly in the dark all the time, you will always lose definition and depth of colour over an LCD / Plasma panel. :)

Should have said, I would only have it as a second screen (ie LCD for normal viewing and projector for movies). I know its more expensive than a plasma on its own, but I can dream :thumbs:

They do look awesome when they are done right though mate B)