Howdy!

rob99

Hi guys.

I thought I should formally introduce myself.

I'm Rob from Poole in Dorset and I run the Dorset Japanese Car Club.

I drive a (waits for the sniggers and talk of new engines!!!) 1995 Mazda RX7 that I've owned for about 3 and a half trouble free years! The car is 99% standard with just a 5Zigen exhaust and ally radiator of which brand I've forgotten!

I bought it with a fresh rebuild and done about 17k miles since so it's all cool for about another 45k(ish!!) before it needs another rebuild!

I must say I do love the 350z and all of the Z cars for that matter but at the mo I'm rotary through and through!

A couple of pictures.

nice1hu4.jpg

mycar1tt4.jpg

smlDSC02522.jpg

smlDSC02521.jpg

:welcome:

Used to have a RX8, and me and the missus very nearly bought a FD3 in Jan this year. But we'd be racking up the miles to quickly on it, and cant justify the rebuilds.

Seen your post about Dorset. Depending on what my Ship rota is, I may be there :thumbs:

loved these cars when they first came out. Its a shame the noise doesn't match it looks. I'd also be put off with the engine rebuild issues

:welcome: to the forum

Ahh c'mon... a 20b peripheral ported engine sounds completely nuts!!

It's got it all... a nice brap brap brap at idle and screeming banshee and 9k revs!!!

(Don't worry I know I'm not going to convert you! :):D )

loved these cars when they first came out. Its a shame the noise doesn't match it looks. I'd also be put off with the engine rebuild issues

V8 shortblock conversion would solve that!

There are quite a few with the LS1 engine in rolling around now. It does solve the rebuild problem for sure but is a pretty expensive conversion.

IIRC it'a bout 10k for the conversion minimum, for that you could get 3 rotary rebuilds so it kind of evens out.

It's looking good. B) The ones with LS1, must go like rocketships, not much weight and a reasonable sized engine. :thumbs:

There was one running at Ten of the Best at Elvington last year when me and Nixy went.

And yes, it does go like a rocketship!

Welcome to the forum Rob. Might be a bit hard to convert this many of us anyway. :p:lol:

It's looking good. B) The ones with LS1, must go like rocketships, not much weight and a reasonable sized engine. :thumbs:

Yes they do go well with a fair bit more torque but the over all power isn't anything that can't be done with a rotary.

I think the highest rotary bhp I've seen on video was an engine dyno that recorded something like 1600bhp!

There plenty of 500bhp rotaries around, and a few much higherin the country.

Then there's the guys over in Puerto Rico who are doing crazy things with rotaries, mainly transplanting them into early Toyota Starlets!

:)

Here's a couple of PR cars on the strip. B)